Ch. 16

.

Alice’s P.O.V

.

I register voices above me, but I cant see whose in the room with me. I feel someone’s hand in mine, but the feeling of their skin is nothing I’ve ever held before. Edward’s skin is always so cold and skinny, Emmett’s is warm and plum, and I would recognize Jacob’s, Rose’s and Bella’s, but this is none of them.

This person’s hand feels so bumpy and rough. Hard more like. More voices surround me and now I’m desperate. I want to ask them about my baby. Where’s Michelle!!? Did I hurt her when we fell? I feel so stupid and embarrassed, mostly ashamed. I’ve should’ve just left her on the ground and not pick her up. But of course I was stupid and decided to pick her up!

Jacob is gonna be pissed when he hears I dropped Michelle and could’ve possibly hurt the babies. We’re having twins and the doctor told me that this pregnancy will be a whole lot different than the first. I would have double the cravings, double the hormones, double everything! I had to be real careful about not being too stressed out and not injuring myself! The twin will more sensitive to when I hurt myself and them because they have to share the nutrients and everything they get from me. Whereas Michelle was able to get the amount of nutrients a baby needs without having to share.

I try to remember what happened before I passed out. I only remember picking up Michelle than I blacked out. What did I see?! I try to think back to before I came walking up to Anaiya with the kids. I… I saw Michelle. She was talking to some guy far away from me and I started freaking out when I couldn’t find her. I was so worried for her and started screaming out for her. After my third scream I found her speaking with some guy. I didn’t know this person and neither did she so I screamed out for her. She continued to speak with the guy only by my fifth scream. She turned to look at me and so did the guy. No, no, not guy… Not a stranger, but… her own father!

Everything now hits me like a ton of bricks and I know what happened. Michelle was talking to her own father. Not Jacob, but… MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!

My eyes flashed open and I’m left staring at a bright blinding light. I was too caught up in my thoughts to realize that the talking stopped and when I lift my head I realize I’m alone. “Dad?” I call out. I think I’m alone. Well that’s what I thought until I heard him speak.

“Your father is out in the waiting room talking to the others.”

My head snaps towards him and I sit up quickly turning my entire body to him. That one quick motion made me dizzy and I’m left dumbfounded as I try to collect my thoughts. Just the sight of him, his eyes, his cheeks, his curly black hair… and his lips! I’m windblown. I forgot how incredibly beautiful he was. He still leaves me breathless. “M-Michael?” I call trying to regain saneness.

He flashes me a white teeth smile which knocks all the air out of me making me gasp for air. I open my mouth to say something, but I end up bursting into tears. His arms enclose me immediately and he rubs my back soothingly, “Ssh… don’t cry. Your okay.” I hold him tighter and cry into his shoulder. I tried to stay strong and find out answers, but the emotions I’m feeling about Michael’s arrival overcame me. I couldn’t keep it in and my hormones from the pregnancy were definitely not helping at all.  I hug Michael even closer, as close as possible. I want him to hold me. I want to feel his warmth, his soft smooth skin and his beautiful full red lips on my face. I want him to tell me everything is alright and he’ll never leave me again. That he regrets leaving in the first place and will stay with me for all eternity. That he stills loves me and he’ll bring my face in his hands and kiss me. After a couple of minutes I start to calm down from my episode. I have fully brought Michael onto my bed and I’m curled up into his chest refusing to let him go. Afraid if I do, he’ll leave and wont return like last time. Michael’s stroking my face and this gestures seems to calm me. I don’t want him to stop and he doesn’t. I let out a big yawn and cuddle closer to him. As my eyes close he whispers my name, “Alice?”