Ch. 9

.

Jacob’s P.O.V

.

No one says anything.

Everything is silent as they all take in what I just said. Alice tightens her grip on my hand and hides half of her body behind me as I hear her start to cry. Soon Edward gets to his feet and stares directly past me, at Alice. His words directed towards her, “It’s not true.” He whisper shocked.

I keep my head down letting Alice answer for herself, knowing that this time isn’t a good time for me to speak. Alice nods her head. “I’m so sorry Eddie.” She whispers so low I’m surprised Edward could hear it.

“Your joking!!” He says louder pointing an accusing finger at her. Alice cringes and shakes her head slowly. He gets enraged. “How can you be so stupid!? Mary Alice your better then this!!!” He says spitting the last sentence at her.

“Hey back off!!” I step forward fully putting my body in between Edward’s and Alice’s. “It wasn’t her fault, and you shouldn’t be talking. You or Bella.” He seems to tense up, scared I’ll speak of his little secret. The secret Alice had let me in on a week ago.

“Maybe he shouldn’t.” A voice said behind me. Oh shit!

I turn around and find Emmett and Rosalie standing in the entryway of the living room staring at us shocked and angry. Oh crap… “This is your fault!!!” He screams as he runs up to me. I feel Alice being yanked from my side by Edward as Emmett’s fist makes contact with my chin.

.

Alice’s P.O.V

.

Oh my gosh!!

“JACOB!!!” I struggle in my brother’s arms, but he’s too strong for me. “Edward let me go!!”

“No, have you seen what he’s done to you!? What Jacob has done to your life!”

“But Jacob didn’t do anything!!! EMMETT STOP HURTING HIM!!!!!!!!!!” I turn to my parents who sit unmoving on the couch as they watch Emmett beat the crap out of Jake. They aren’t even trying to prevent Jacob from getting hurt!!! I get engraged. “Stop them!!” Daddy doesn’t listen. In fact he stands up, walks over to Jacob and raises his hand as if he’s about to strike him. “NOOOO!!!” I wrench myself out of Edward’s arms and run inbetween my father and Jacob. By the time I get to him, Emmett has punched him in the gut and face several times that a stream of blood begins to pour down his face. He loses his balanace and falls on top of me. I catch both of us before we topple to the ground and keep a protective and strong arm around him. Daddy doesn’t seem to notice me and his arm starts coming down. “STOPP IT!!!”

Daddy looks at me then Jacob. “Look at what he’s done to you… what your life will become because of him!” He says, his voice rising in anger.

“BUT IT WASN’T HIS-“

Mommy stands and comes beside Jacob and I. She takes my hand and interrupts my protest, “And you let him do this to you?” She asks in horror. I shake my head in denial. How can they think Jacob is the father so quickly??? Do they really think that badly of him?! WE’RE BEST FRIENDS!! HE’S MY FUCKING BEST FRIEND!!!!!! I would NEVER have sex with him!!!

“What!? NO! This isn’t Jacob’s ba-“

“NO Alice… you don’t have to lie for me.” Jacob says as he straightens himself up and his hand immediately goes to his nose trying to stop the flow of blood. What?... What is he doing!?

I whisper so low that only he can hear, “what are you doing?? This is not your baby…”

Jacob speaks up for my family to hear, “What am I doing? I’m taking responsibility for you and our baby.” He says placing a hand on my belly. I start to get teary eyed. Why is he doing this?? Why is he suffering the hatred of my family just to raise a baby that isn’t even his??