Ch. 21

.

Michael’s P.O.V

The Next Morning…

.

“Michael, sweetie, can you hand me the diaper bag? I need to make sure Daniel and Emma are set for the night.” Michael, carrying both babies, brings me the diaper bag and helps me out of bed. “How do you do that without dropping one of them?” I asked amazed.

He seems in full of control of the kids and he can still do a lot more than I can. Michael shrugs, “I don’t know, it’s just feels right with them in my arms.”

I smile at my boys and girl. They are my life. Wait?... I’m missing one of my girls! “Michael where is-“

“MOMMA!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!” I turn around and find Michelle running in the room being chased by Emmett. I giggle at them, they look so cute together.

“Emmett don’t get her too dirty. I have to give her to Jacob presentable enough.” I giggle trying to lighten the mood.

Jacob’s on his way to collect the kids. I was released from the hospital during the night. So I had enough time to breastfeed, feed Michelle and cuddle all my babies in my arms.

Emmett smirked at me and grabs Michelle throwing her up in the air. “Little sister, I’m responsible you know. I know how to keep someone from being dirty.”

“Daddy!!” Sapphire runs in the room, her clothes covered completely in mud. Rosalie is gone be pissed! She specifically told Emmett not to let Sapphire get dirty.

“Um…” Michael points at Sapphire and Emmett turns around cautiously.

He sighs exasperated. “Oh no, baby!” Emmett places Michelle on the ground and grabs Sapphire. “Sweeite I said stay away from the mud.”

“I wanted to play! So I jumped in da mud!”

“Sweetie your going to get me in trouble.”

Sapphire considers this pretending to think then starts laughing at him. “Haha! Momma gonna be angry at you!”

Emmett shakes his head and turns to us. “Excuse me, but I’ve got get Little missy home and clean her up.” I nod my head and pick Michelle up. “See you tomorrow Michael, bye Alice.”

“See you Emmett.”

“Bye Bye cousins!” Sapphire giggles getting taken out of the room by Emmett. That little girl can easily find a way to get dirty. She loves the mud and sand. I smile as I watch Emmett struggle to keep Sapphire in his arms down the stairs. I sigh and turn to Michael and find him chuckling. “What?” I ask moving closer to him taking Emma.

“That little girl is… just… something.”

I nod my head in agreement. “Michelle why don’t you go play with your dolls? Daddy and I will be with you in a couple minutes.”

“Okay momma!” She hugs my legs and runs out of the room and into hers. I smile after her and turn my attention back to an apprehensive Michael. Uh-oh.

“Mikey, what’s wrong?” He looks up at me than back down at the floor. Michael bites his bottom lip as if he’s holding something in, something he wants to share, but decides against it. “What? What is it?” Michael sighs and looks down at his feet trying to phrase his words together. I take Michael to the bed and sit him down before sitting next to him. “You know you can tell me anything right?”

He smiles over at me and nods. “I know it’s just that… I feel like I’m intruding on your family. Like I’m forcing them to house me. I just cant shake the feeling that this is all my fault. Jacob, him taking the kids away from you, me moving into your family’s house. I feel so guilty, you don’t understand how I feel.”