Ch. 25

.

.

Leah’s P.O.V

11 Years Later…

.

.

“Have a good day at work and don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.” I reach up to kiss Chris’ cheek before he leaves for work.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to stay? Because I heard that…" he hesitates his eyes on my face, concern in his eyes, "Jacob’s getting out of prison today.” He's afraid to make me upset. I sigh and sit down on the couch slowly, my hands running across my extended belly. I avoid looking into Chris’ eyes afraid he’ll see the tears threatening to fall. But Chris always knows what my emotions are before I do, and he has already placed his briefcase down. He walks over to me and sits down next to me, wrapping his arms around me. “I can stay home if you want. What’s one day? I wont leave you alone if your scared and nervous. I will never leave you alone, unless you ask me to leave.”

I smile and hold his arms tighter around me. I’m so glad I have him, a nice home and a baby on the way. I never imagined this is how my life was gonna end up. I imagined the worst, considering my dad implanted it in my head that I was to never find love or actually live a happy life.

I feel Chris plant a kiss on my cheek than his hand rub over my stomach lovingly and protectively. I cant do this to him. He has to go to work because he has a big deposition today. I can take care of myself and my baby on my own for a couple of hours. Plus Jacob wont know where I live. I moved away from the apartment we once shared. I live FAR away from his old home so I believe I’m okay... for the most part.

“No it’s okay sweetie.” I look over at him and give him a small smile patting his cheek. “I’ll be okay, I promise. I’ll just busy myself and maybe call the girls over to do some last minute baby shopping.” He doesn’t look too happy with my response and neither am I, but I keep my smile and composure strong. I cant show weakness. I lean in and kiss him before standing up with his assistance. “Have a good day, call me if there’s an emergency and I’ll do the same for you.”

“No, call me every hour. So I can make sure your alright.”

I nod my head and kiss him once more time. “Goodbye love.” I give him a small wave and watch as he crosses back to his briefcase and towards the door. He gives me one last glance before leaving me to my own business. The sense of security and happiness left immediately as soon as Chris closed that door. Rushing to the door, more like waddling, I put on all the locks before going around the house and doing that to all the windows and doors. Better safe than sorry.

When I’m done, I sigh and walk up the stairs. This is going to be a long day. Might as well take a nap.

Opening the door I take a step in when someone’s hand covers my mouth and slams my body onto the bed. "AHHHH!!!!”

His mouth touches my ear and I stiffen when I hear his voice.

“Miss me baby?”

.

Alice’s P.O.V

2 Hours Later…

.

“Wah! Wah! AHHH!!” I run into the room and over to my baby’s crib picking her up.

“Okay my love, ssh. Momma’s here, she’s here. No need to cry.” Her cries die down a little, but not a lot. Sighing I take her out of the room and downstairs where Michelle, the twins and Michael are eating breakfast. Daniel looks up at me with his dark brown eyes and shining huge smile.