Ch. 12

.

2 Months Later…

.

My phone buzzes and I walk over to look at it. It’s from Edward.

Meet Edward and I at our meadow at noon. Bring Jacob if you want, but I advise you not to. Wear something cute! Edward’s car keys are on the dresser near the front door. You don’t have to tell your mom and dad because they will know where your going to be. See you in a little!

Much love and kisses- Bella <3

I was just planning on staying home and doing nothing considering I’m home alone. But I guess I have plans now. I look at the clock and see it’s 9. Good I’ve got enough time to take a shower, get ready and eat breakfast. I take my first steps towards the bathroom when I feel a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. I lean forward and grip the dresser with one hand and my stomach with the other. "Are you playing kickball with my organs baby?"

I take a few deep breathes and the pain goes away. Wow, that was a very hard kick. I straighten and walk into the bathroom trying to convince myself that there is a reasonable explanation for all the pains I am suddenly getting. And I know I’m not in labor, my water didn’t break and my baby isn’t due for another month.

I turn on the shower and make sure the water’s hot. I have to take a hot shower to help relieve thr ache in my lower back.

After I take my shower and get ready it’s 10:30. I walk downstairs just to see my mother and father leaving. “Have a good day at work.” I tell them.

“Have a nice day with Bella and Edward. They planned a very nice, relaxing day for the four of you.” My mom says smiling.

“Edward? Planned a relaxing day... for me? Wow, cant wait to see what he planned” We all chuckle and they come to give me a kiss and hug.

“See you later.”

I nod my head, “We’ll be here when you get back.” Mom bends down and kisses my belly.

“See you later little one. I love you.” I smile and watch as my dad’s hand pats it lightly. “Come on or we’ll be late.” Mom says as she goes to the door. I get one more kiss before they both leave.

Walking into the kitchen, I find an envelope sitting on the counter. Walking up I see it’s for me, from mom and dad. I pick it up and turn it around, what’s this for?? My birthday was long ago, with Christmas. I open it and find a wad of cash inside, and my eyes bug out of my head. “Holy shit!” I cover my mouth and take out all the money. What the hell is this? Surely they didn’t give me this much money on accident. I don’t even know how much this is. I turn to window and find them drive away. This is so unexpected. Inside is a letter.

Alice,

This is from your father and I. We know you very well and if you try to give it back we wont take it. We’ll just give it back to you when your not looking. This is for you, Jacob and our grandbaby. This is a little gift from us to her/ him. We love you very much and we also love our little new member. Have a wonderful day!

-         Mommy and Daddy

I stare down at the money in my hands and the first thing I do is walk back upstairs and put the money somewhere no one will ever find it. Once I’m back in the kitchen I take the letter and shove it in my bag so I can show Jacob later. I grab an apple since my stomach isn’t up for much today then make my way towards the door, bag on shoulder. I grab Edward’s keys with a small smug smile and head outside to his Volvo. I start it and turn on the radio and start driving.

.

.

Bella’s P.O.V

.

.

“Okay everyone, I just texted Alice again to remind her. She should be here in 30 minutes.” I smile to myself as I recheck everything. All the gifts and presents are here, the games are ready, the food has been delivered and set out and all of Alice’s family and friends are here. I hope she likes it and I’m glad Rose and I thought of the idea of throwing her a baby shower before it was too late.

She still has a month to go and we have to show her thr most biggest surprise of all. The boys were able to put it together in less than a week, just for her and her baby.

I feel arms embrace me from behind and I immediately know who it is, “Hi Love.”

I giggle and turn around putting my arms around his neck, “Hi sweetie. Is everything okay?”

Edward chuckles, “Everything is perfect. Alice is gonna love it. You know how she doesn’t like big parties. She's on the.. you know, more simple side of things.”

I nod my head and smile. “Well she better enjoy this big party. Rose and I want to make sure she has a great time before she becomes a mommy.”

“And she will.”

Suddenly, a thought occurs to me and I’m scared that Alice wont be able to make it to the meadow. The walk from the edge of the forest is about 20 minutes long. I bite my lip debating on whether I should send one of the boys and decide with it. “Love go to the edge of the woods and keep an eye out for her. Make sure she gets here with no trouble because it’s a 20 minute walk and I’m afraid she wont make it by herself.”

“Sure. I’ll see you in a little.” He pecks my lips and runs off into the woods. I smile satisfied and walk to find Rosalie and Emmett.

.

Alice’s P.O.V

.

Once I get to the edge of the forest I turn off the car and get out. I sigh heavily because it’s a 20 minute walk from here. Maybe I should’ve brought Jacob, but if I’m meeting Bella and Edward it’s bound to be a disaster.

After 15 minutes of walking I’m out of breath, although I’m almost there. As I get closer the pain in my stomach seems to get worse with every step I take. Soon I drop to my knees and I cant walk anymore. I’m about to call out for help when I feel something wet run down my legs. My eyes widen.

My water broke!! I groan and hold in a scream as the first contraction hits. “Help!” I call out weakly when it ends. I hear footsteps running towards me and Edward’s voice.

“Alice!” I reach out to him when he comes into view and tears begin to run down my face as I start to cry.

“Eddie help me. My water broke!” He reaches me and intertwines his fingers in mine.

“What!?” he asks panicking.

“My water broke.” I repeat breathlessly.

I fall into Edward’s arms trying to control the pain that overcomes me. I feel myself being lifted into the air and wind rushes past me. I clutch to Edward breathing and I hear his voice, “Someone call an ambulance! Her water broke!” I hear different voices and a lot of gasps. Then I feel another pair of arms grab me. “Let me go Alice. Emmett and Rose are gonna take you to the hospital with mom and dad. Bella and I will meet you there.”

“M-Mommy? D-Daddy?”

“We’re sweetheart. Emmett take her to the car, we’ll be right behind you. We’ve got a baby to deliver.”