Ch. 14

I walk inside carrying the diaper bag, the car seat and the baby. It’s difficult to open the door, but I finally get it open! “Mom… dad. Edward, Emmett? We’re home!” When I finally make it to the living room I feel the car seat and baby get taken from my arms.

“Sorry Ali. Why didn’t you call us outside?” Emmett’s voice says behind me. Turning around I find Rosalie holding Michelle and Emmett holding the car seat.

“Because I could do it. Thanks anyway, where are the others?”

“Bella and Edward are busy sending out ‘Thank you for coming to Alice’s baby shower’ and ‘Sorry for the delay and inconvenience of that day’ cards.”

I blush and look down, “Sorry for ruining the party.”

“Nonsense! Don’t be sorry! If you hadnt, we wouldn’t have this precious thing right here!!” Rosalie lifts Michelle into the air and brings her down to kiss her cheek.

I giggle, “Ali where is that ass-“ I cough cutting him off and Rose slaps his arm.

“Seriously Em, Michele is already here, you cant hate him forever. Look at this face and tell me that Jacob is still to blame.” Rose hold Michelle up to Emmett’s face smiling. Emmett’s frown turns into a smile quickly.

“Okay fine you got me.” He places the car seat down before reaching out and retrieving Michelle. He holds her close and kisses her forehead. After a quick examination, he turns to me eyebrows raised. “That’s weird. She doesn’t look anything like Jacob and I only see a little bit of you in there. Michelle has different features neither you nor Jacob have.” He says confused. “How is that possible?”

“What?” Rosalie asks surprised. She grabs Michelle and looks at her closely. I bite my bottom lip and my hands start to shake. Damn it! “Yeah I see it too.” She looks back at me then at Michelle. Before this can go on any longer I grab Michelle from them and laugh it off. As if it was just some big joke.”

“Oh Em, Rose, your so funny. Of course you do because all I see is Jacob!” Luckily this is the perfect time that Michelle starts crying. “Someone’s hungry.” I announce rocking her. “I’ll be up in my room feeding her if you need me.”

“wait!” Rosalie grabs my arm stopping me from climbing the stairs. “I have to show you something!” She runs upstairs full force and pulls me behind her. She stops once we reach the empty room next to mine. My family always meant to put something in the room, but we just… didn’t. We were so busy with our own lives that it didn’t seem to matter and we didn’t have a lot of time. I rock a still crying Michelle as Rosalie begins to speak. “Because of this little princess’s arrival, we weren't able to show you our baby shower present. I guess later is better than never.”

“You guys didn’t have to-“

“Yes we did!”  Before I could say anything else Rosalie opens the door and my mouth falls open, what I was going to say forgotten already. Oh my gosh…

They built a nursery! What!? When!? HOW!!! How was I not aware of this?? Rosalie answers all the questions running through my head as if knowing my next words. “Emmett and Edward were able to put this together a week ago before you went into labor. We were so lucky because you spent so much of your pregnany with Jacob it gave us time. Also, you were to consumed with the baby that you didn’t even notice or suspect we did anything. We hope you and the little princess like it.”

“Are you kidding me???” I walk inside and look around in amazement. This is incredible. I couldn’t be anymore grateful. “This is amazing. I don’t like it, I love it! Michelle is very lucky to have aunts and uncles that love her so much." I look down at my daughter and rock her gently, "You dont have to bunk with mama anymore. 1 day old and you already have your own room.” I smile down at my still crying girl.