Ch. 13

.

Jacob’s P.O.V

.

When I entered my house I see my dad walking out from the kitchen with his jacket on and his keys in his hands.

“Going out to get stuff for dinner?” I ask.

He shakes his head, “I’m going to the hospital.” Hospital? What the hell?

“Why are you going to the hospital? Are you sick?”

He just laughs, “Oh Jacob you are still clueless. No I’m not sick! But…”

“But…” I ask waiting for his answer.

He laughs again, “Do I have to tell you everything son!? Obviously you should know why.” I just stare at him dumbfounded. I’m so tired and exhausted I just want to sleep. Why is he playing riddles with me? “Son,” He walks up to me and places a hand on my shoulder giving me a loving smile. “Alice is in labor. Your son or daughter is about to be born.”

My eyes widen in shock and I freeze in my spot. I stand there for a minute trying to process this information. My body acts before my brain. I grab my father’s arm and pull him out the door grabbing my shoes on the way out. I shove my dad towards the car and run barefoot towards the passenger seat. “Get in!!” I scream jumping in the car myself. “GET IN!” By the time I have my shoes on my dad has just gotten in the car.

“Son I’m not as young as I use to be.” He jokes starting the car.

“My baby is being born! HURRY!” Billy slams on the gas pedal and soon we’re speeding down the road towards the hospital. Tears spring in my eyes as I try to control my happiness. My baby is being born!!!

.

Alice’s P.O.V

.

“Owwie, Owwie! OW!” I clutch onto Emmett’s neck as he lowers me down into the wheelchair. Once in the chair, a hand flies to my stomach as I blindly reach out to grab something. Anything.

Luckily, Rose reaches out and grasp my hand tightly in hers as Bella rolls me down the hallway towards my room. “Ssh, it’s okay hunny. Just breathe and everything will be okay. The baby will be out in no time.”

I roll my eyes and mean to sound sarcastic, but between the bits of pain and contractions, it sounds harsher then intended. “That’s what you think, but your not the one going through this.” I clutch her hand hard to the point of pain and try to concentrate on the task at hand. Insulting my family, Bella and Rose wont do anything to lessen my pain. “Sorry.” I exclaim as we enter my room.

“It’s alright. Come on, get on the bed. Edward and Emmett will help you, but you have to cooperate with them.” Rose’s soothing voice instructs me.

I nod my head and feel someone’s arms grab me from behind. When I’m on the bed, dad tries to come near me, but I hold a hand out to him stopping him. “We've already discussed this. Your not delivering my baby!” He takes a step back seeing that I’m not in the proper state to argue. “Thank you!”

“Alrighty,” the doctor walks in and up to me smiling. “Lets see how we’re doing so far.” Rose and Bella help lift my legs up as the doctor looks, “Well as of now you are 4 centimeters dilated. At this rate we might have a baby in less than 2 hours.”

I sigh in relief and start breathing again as the pain increases. She smiles at me then at the others before leaving.

.

An Hour Later

.

“I still don’t understand why you wont let me be your doctor. I’ve been your doctor ever since you were born. Hell I delivered you and the boys!!”