Ch. 15

.

.

Michael’s P.O.V…

6 Months Later

.

.

“You promised.. Michael you were supposed to come back! You promised!!”

I jump awake and I can see Andre sitting up from the bed. I woke him up again. "M-Michael?... You okay man?”

I try to control my furiously shaking body, but I cant. I keep my voice calm though, so I don’t alarm him. “Yeah, just… go back to sleep.”

After a minute I hear snoring. I take a deep breath and get off the bed. I walk into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I’m sweating buckets and my sweat makes me look even worse. My burn marks are fading away slowly and they hurt a lot less now. I can actually run and play basketball or something. My leg, which shattered during the incident, is now all healed up and I dont have to go to physical therapy. And so far my lungs have been healthy. From the smoke of the fire that happened 5 years ago, I’ve been having difficulty breathing and now I can go a whole day without wheezing and coughing. Where as before I couldn’t even speak without a cough or wheeze. Although I don’t know who am I anymore? I only know my name, Michael, but that’s all that Andre could tell me.

The doctor told me I lost my memory due to the smoke taking full control of my brain and the impact of when I fell unconscious and hit my head on that large rock. I lost a lot of blood and the only brain damage was the loss of memory. I cant even remember anything besides what others told me. Andre told me my name is Michael Jackson, we were at boot camp when suddenly we were attacked. I barely came out alive in the fire that happened and they found me three hours after the attack. Andre couldn’t tell me anything about my past.

I turn on the sink and start to wash my face. Who was that girl in my dream though?? She seems so familiar and beautiful. Her voice rang as pure as water, even though it was in an upset tone, it still was beautiful. I need to know who she is… maybe she could help me figure out who I really am?? But, how will I find her? Should I ask Andre or keep it to myself?

After debating, I decide to take a shower first. I’m too hot and sweaty, I cant think in a state like this.

I peel off my shirt and pull down my pants. I step into the cold running shower after turning the settings to cold. I like taking cold showers, it helps me relax for some reason and releases the tension in my muscles. It helps me think and relax, while also defrosting my overly hot body. After my shower I step out and wrap a towel around my waist letting my long wet curly hair stay at my shoulders. I walk out of the bathroom and over to my dresser. I get myself dressed then get up the courage to wake Andre from his sleep.

“Andre??” He hums in reply sleepily. “Could I talk to you for a sec?”

“Sure.” He mumbles as he turns around to face me.

“Um…  I had a dream.”

“Was it about your past life?”

“No… it was some girl. A beautiful, young girl. She was talking to me in an upset tone. She said, I promised to her something. That I was supposed to come back to her.”

Andre now gets interested into what I’m saying. He sits up and looks straight at me rubbing his eyes, “Dude what did you promise??”

I shrug and run my hand through my wet hair, “I don’t know and I have a this feeling like… like I need to find her. Like she is the missing puzzle in my life. Maybe she can tell me something about me, something more than just my name.”