(Stony) I won't accept you as my Mate

(: Please vote and follow me for updates on when the next part will be posted. If you have a request, please put it in the request book where it belongs. I hope you enjoy this! If you do, you should check out some of my other stories <3 Thank you! :)

!Request!
Warning: Omegaverse

There was no way in Hell he would let Captain America, Mr. Spangles himself, be his mate. No way. Not happening. And Steve knew that. He tried his best to make Tony understand that he wasn't like normal Alphas. He wasn't just gonna impregnate his Omega and then leave. He wouldn't mate with anyone without being in love with them, call him old fashioned.

Tony just wouldn't listen to Steve long enough to understand that. Eventually, Steve just sort of gave up trying. Instead, he focused on being there for Tony whenever he needed him. Like when Tony fell asleep in his lab, after a whole day of work, Steve would carry him up to bed. Or when Tony locked himself in the lab on the anniversary of his mother's death and refused to let anyone inside. Steve waited outside the door the whole day, only leaving to use the bathroom and get Tony some food. Eventually Tony let him inside. He made him stay on the other side of the lab, on the couch, but still... at least he let him inside.

They made a foundation of a certain level of trust. They still argued but they managed to figure it out, usually with Steve apologizing. 

The only times Tony wouldn't speak to him is when he was really stressed, really depressed, or it was the week of his heat. Steve could usually tell which one was which. Tony always had a different attitude when his heat was coming up. He was shyer and liked to be alone. He didn't make as many jokes and he preferred to be locked away somewhere at all cost.

That's how Steve knew that Tony's heat was right around the corner. He stopped eating with the group and stayed hauled away in his lab or his bedroom. Everyone had grown accustomed to this and just kept their distance, making sure to stay a certain amount of space away from him. You could see him pass by sometimes when he was switching from his bedroom to his lab. But other than that, there was nothing. You didn't speak to him unless he spoke you to and that was it. But the one person he never went near during his heat was Steve. His Mate. 

Steve tried once, he really did! But the second he tried to catch Tony in the elevator, the doors shut in his face. He realized his mistake and never tried that again. 

This time Tony seemed different though. He was on edge. Anything would spook him. Anything. This time Clint shut the cabinet door and Tony jumped out of his seat and when Clint apologized he raced off to his lab. Steve went down to check on him once and just as he was about to knock Tony came out and ran into him. "S-S-Steve?" He curled in on himself and groaned, "Wh-what are you do-ing down h-ERE! Ahh god."

Tony wrapped his arms around himself and started shaking. Steve went to help him on instinct and Tony held up his hand "D-Don't touch m-me. J-just back! B-back up a-ah few steps."

Steve listened and took a few steps back. Tony thanked him and Steve asked what was wrong. Tony shook his head, "I-I didn't have time t-to get m-my medicine." He straightened himself up a bit, "My pills that calm my heat. I was too busy with work and I forgot about them. N-now it's too late. I-I can't take them once... Once m-my heat has st-started."

Steve nodded in understanding. He'd never seen someone go through a heat before. He really didn't know what to do. "Is there anything I can do? I-I mean... I'm your Mate I have to be able to help somehow, right?"

"You can come into my lab. I'll explain it there."

Steve nodded and let Tony go in first. Once inside he took his usual seat on the couch. Tony went to the opposite side of the room. When Steve asked why Tony wouldn't come to talk to him on the couch Tony explained, "Your scent makes it extremely painful for me. Without my surpressants, I can't really be near you. No offense. It's not exactly my fault."