One of the Heros

(: Please vote and follow me for updates on when the next part will be posted. If you have a request, please put it in the request book where it belongs. I hope you enjoy this! If you do, you should check out some of my other stories <3 Thank you! :)

!Picture inspiration!
/Edit/ I was worried you wouldn't be able to see the photo above so I'm going to put it here too! Prompt: "Bruce being the one the Avengers send out on milk runs and stuff because no one ever recognized him and he always grumbles about it until one day he's coming back to the tower and this little kid just spots him and lets out a tiny gasp and gasp, "Mom it's the HULK!!" and their mother just rolls her eyes and pulls the kid along but before they turn away Bruce makes a little "Grrrr!" face and the kid just lets out an excited squeal and Bruce goes home feeling like one of the heroes." :)

Third time this week. This is the third fucking time the team had voted to send Bruce out to grab a gallon of milk. Frankly, it was getting damn ridiculous at this rate. Bruce grumbled as he went through the store, he headed straight to the milk section. He took the time to search for the most expensive gallon, too. Stark was paying and it was his fault they needed milk anyway. Who puts milk in someone's shampoo bottle?

Tony does. Why? Because Clint switched out all of Tony's alcohols with Apple juice.

The milk thing was payback.

Bruce mumbled under his breath as he pushed his cart down the isles, grabbing a few things here and there. He stopped in the toy section and picked up a Hulk toy. The face was in a pure rage and it came with a few toy buildings for the toy Hulk to smash. He put the toy back on the shelf and sighed. No one would ever see Hulk as anything but destruction...

A ball hit him in the leg, bringing him out of his thoughts. When he picked it up he came face to face with a little boy around 5 years old. He handed it to him and smiled. The boys face lit up as he looked up at his hero.

His mom came up behind him, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Henry, apologize to him."

"Sorry, Mr. Hulk!"

His mother's face was one of pure shock and she began pulling him away, "Henry, that wasn't polite!"

"But, Mom, it's true! He's the Hulk!" Henry said, turning to face Bruce one last time.

Bruce made a small Grr face at the boy, making him gasp and smile. "Mom! Mom! Did you see?"

They went around the corner and left Bruce alone in the toy aisle. He looked down at the toy Hulk and smiled.

He paid and left the store, feeling the best he'd felt since before he had come out as Hulk publically. Maybe he was a hero. At least to one person.

(: The End :)

{ Kinda short but I just really liked the prompt. Also, I'm sure you have heard by now... But Stan Lee has passed away. It crushed me to find this out and I know it hurt a lot of you all too. He was a great man and he will be greatly missed. I hope I can continue to write and I hope I don't disappoint Stan Lee too much <3 }