(IronWitch) Stay out of my head

(: Please vote and follow me for updates on when the next part will be posted. If you have a request, please put it in the request book where it belongs. I hope you enjoy this! If you do, you should check out some of my other stories <3 Thank you! :)

!Request!

He didn’t notice it at first, just felt a bit sadder than he usually did. Then he started remembering things he had pushed deep down into his subconscious. That's when he knew his mind had been hacked. 

“God fucking-” He stood up and made quick strides toward Wanda, soon standing in front of her and pointing in her face, “Stay the hell out of my head!”

Her eyes were wide as she looked up at Tony. He was furious. She had seen him bicker with Steve but she had never been on the receiving end of his anger. “I-”

Why couldn’t she just keep out of people business? Tony stormed out of the room, not giving her a chance to speak. 

He avoided her for a whole week, not even eating dinner with the team which was a very rare occurrence. Then the annual SHIELD party came and all the Avengers were forced to go. Each of them paired up. Steve and Bucky, Natasha and Bruce, Clint and Pietro, Sam and Rhodey, Thor and Vision, Peter brought Wade. Leaving Tony and Wanda as a pair. She would have just went with a shield agent if Pepper hadn’t have been busy.

So now they were all dressed up walking past a horde of interviewers and paparazzi. Steve led the way with Bucky, Bruce and Natasha followed closely after. Each pair was ushered out by people running the event. Tony and Wanda were last.

Tony’s phone rang and Wanda watched as he held the phone to his ear and began talking to the person on the other end. He ended the phone call with a mumbled curse and grabbing a fistful of his hair before coming back over to her. 

“Is everything alright?” She asked.

“Why don’t you look in my head and find out?” He snapped at her.

She looked at the floor, “I’m sorry. I was just trying to understand. You are very difficult to know.”

He nodded, “I get that a lot. I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

“It’s alright, I understand.”

“Let's get this thing over with,” Tony flashed her his signature smile. She could see the pain behind it but she nodded anyway.

They walked the carpet together and sat at the same table next to each other. Tony had a few drinks as Wanda sipped on her champagne. As soon as a slow song came on Tony stood up and extended his hand, “Dance with me?”

She set her glass down and took his hand. Once they were on the dance floor he pulled her close and placed his hand on the small of her back, gently swaying to the music. She was tense and she practically held on for dear life. 

“You don’t dance much, do you?” He joked.

“I-I’ve never danced with anybody before,” She admitted.

He tightened his hand on her lower back, “You’re safe with me.”

She blushed a little bit relaxed and let herself breathe a bit as they danced. He spun her around and dipped her as the song came to an end. “You’re a natural.”

Her eyes flickered to his lips as they smirked down at her. She watched as his smirk faded and looked up to see his eyes flicker down to her lips as well. His mouth set into a line and he pulled her up to her feet. 

“It was a pleasure to dance with you, Ms. Maximoff.”

“The same to you.”

He made a quick exit out the back door and she looked around her, wondering who saw that. She glanced at the door and made her way out it, accidentally hitting someone with the door.