Arc 2C - Lastation Chapter 3: Sowing the Seeds of Doubt

"Howdy folks, Neptune here with my good old monologue. Now sorry I won't be here long, heck it's not my turn, but Theodore is pretty busy right now on another project he's working on so he asked me and my Nepster Sister to give an intro and outro for him. Well last time our buddy Terra has entered the realm of dreamland, why has he I can't say so...woosh!"

Terra came to in his room, of Tari, notably light headed. Terra got up and stretched flexing his arms and legs "One week into this program now...and one week closer to what could this towns final days" on his table where magazines depicting the violence and destruction "Ahh...I didn't sign up for this" a knock came to his door "coming...oh Saturn hello" she greeted him with her long hair

"Hey there buddy and...wow you're looking...glum"

"Can you honestly blame me?"

"Not really no. It's alright I'm the same. My business...has being mixed now. There are more buyers but, they're moving out and with it my long term business"

"There are now districts emptying...heck even people in my own apartment complex are moving out. The only good side is my landlord lowered the rent"

"It's...becoming a mess isn't it?" Saturn patted his shoulder "Let's go grab something to eat, that usually cheers me up"

"I'd like that honestly...though let me pay. I have...honestly more money than I know what to do with" 

They went to a burger restaurant where for a moment Terra relaxed and ate some food "There you go...a nice smile there" said Saturn happily "So...how is this project going for you?"

"So-so" said Terra groaning "We...we're having to take some precautions now. Me, my Captain and the two other girls are still doing fine...but we've had a sudden surge of applicants"

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Not when there ego-morons who don't understand how dangerous this power is. We've actually had to arrest three people because they tried to steal it"

"Jeez...so it's just as bad inside huh? But honestly...how are you holding up?"

"I...I can't tell you sorry" 

Terra sighed "I...I'm struggling now, whether I should even be doing this. I actually have the funds I need to move away, but I can't go. The other girls...are scared, terrified even, that they'll turn out like Cassidy"

"You mean the girl who mutated?" asked Saturn nodding "Yeah I can understand that"

"I don't want to leave them, and honestly I couldn't even if I wanted to. I still want to save this town, I mean it's my home but...but"

"But..." his phone went off "Oh you're called"

"time to get back to my job. Sorry Saturn gotta run" he was about to go "say...Saturn?"

"Yes?" she asked 

"Tell me...do you think it's possible to save this town?"

"I...I...I don't know. I want to say yes...but the way it's going I don't know"

"I know...that's what's scaring me the most" 

Terra suited up and arrived to see Emily and Laura there with him "Oh there you are" said Laura sighing happily in her red and purple suit

"We were getting worried you wouldn't show" said Emily in her brown and black