Intermission 4

Terra woke up in his room...of his own home in Pyjama's only this time...he was not alone. He was on his bed but to his right was Emily in a floor bed prepared for him...looking restless. Terra sighed quite a bit as he looked out his window to what seemed to be a perpetual dull sky, thunder rolling.

As he looked outside, he saw a group of people, a hundred strong, doing a strike march "No More Rulers! No more Rulers! Tear down the foundary! Tear Down the Foundary. Keep Tari Safe! Keep Tari Safe! Get a new Goddess! Get a new Goddess!" Terra shut his window tightly

"They're...still at it?" asked Emily getting up in her own PJ's of a buttoned shirt and a pair of shorts

"Unfortunately so, it's pretty much daily now. People can sense the unease in the air and they want answers...and safety. How did you sleep?" Emily lowered her head

"I'm sorry for...imposing like this, you shouldn't have had to" he walked over and put a hand to her shoulder

"I...actually kinda had to, that's the thing" he said not at all trying to sound sarcastic "Especially since...you...don't have anywhere to sleep right now" 

Terra turned on the news to see the female newscaster, and see the headline 'Tari crumbles away' "With every passing day...more of our beloved town continues to crumble and fall to the land below. Less than 55% of the population of Tari remains. Only sectors B2, B3, B1...and C2 truly remain with Sector C3 rapidly being evacuated"

"C3...is where you were staying" said Terra "you stayed there to make things easier on your family moving out...only now they're gone, as was your original house and now this one"

"Scientists and analysts are as we speak" said the Newscaster, her uneasiness easy to see and hear "Trying to estimate the fall...and the current estimation is not a happy one"

The Newscaster put a hand to her ear and her expression fell "I've just being told...both good news and bad. The Good news is Sectors B2 and B1 have the lowest risk of falling due to the core engines which are centred under them...the bad news is...if the estimation is true, Tari's eventually collapse is inevitable"

"Wait what!?" Emily said getting up with Terra now seeming worried as he was about to turn off the TV...but found himself unable to

"Estimated time is...Tari will be lost...in...from right this second..." A visual timer showing the number 23 "in 23 days"

"That's...over 3 weeks. Only...three...weeks" said Terra horrified

"We WILL inform of further details as it develops...and the reasoning behind this counter but...you'd...best make your plans to evacuate while you can" 

Terra turned off the TV...dropping the remote "We...have only...23 days to...save Tari, just 23!"

"But how can it be so few?" asked Emily "I mean..."

"Let's go meet...Alexander now" said Terra to her "We...REALLY now do need to decide our future but here's the strangest part, I think that newscaster was telling the truth"

"How do you mean?"

"Can't you feel it? That weird...energy in the air, it's hard to describe but it feels...weak as if...dying"

"I...can feel...that too"

As the pair headed outside, they began making they're way down when "Look...look there they are!" A woman pointed at them "The boy and girl who will save us all!" immediately Terra and Emily were swarmed "Please Save us! Overthrow the Goddess! Save our Town!"