Chapter 27

Song - That should be me

Chapter 27 - It was me not him

*Jungkook's Pov*

Present Time -

I get off the bike and help Tzuyu get down before we both stare at the building in front of us.

I am scared to go in.

If Mingyu finds out i was out with Tzuyu, he might kill me. We weren't like this before, he trusted me, but i broke his trust.

Go ahead. I tell her when she looks at me with the shine in her eyes disappearing as she walks towards the building with me behind her.

She gives me one unsure look before we both enter and Mingyu stood there with everyone else, laughing and smiling.

When his gaze meets Tzuyu's, his eyes lightens up and he walks towards her before kissing her forehead, not noticing her hurt expression and her teary eyes.

I am sorry, i came late but i came earlier than others. I mean look, not even half of our batch is here. He says smiling at everyone before looking at Tzuyu who gives him a fake smile which he takes as real, happily.

Where were you though? He asks her and her smile kind of lightens up before she speaks,

Out with Jungkook. She says before looking at me with the shine back in her eyes and i smile back as if no one was here. It was just us.

But then, my gaze met his.

Guilt was all i could feel, hatered was all i could sense from him. Oh, how badly i wish, that day, on the farewell, Mingyu never found out that i stole his girlfriend's first kiss. I look down, that's what cowards do.

And i have always been one.

•••

In Tenth Grade -

Christmas day celebration.

I wasn't interested in going but when i heard from Mingyu that Tzuyu will be coming. I was more than interested in coming.

Our school held a little celebration at night. If we wanted to come, we can. It started from seven in the evening to ten in the night.

I played with the straw of my drink, uninterested in anything. That's when, i lifted my eyes up to find her wearing black skirt paired with checks red off shoulder shirt.

She looked beautiful.

Even beautiful was an understatement of what she looked like. I wish, it was me holding her hand instead of Mingyu.

I wish, it was me.

Sometimes, i hate myself for who i am. I am such a coward. I admire her, love her, but i can't go to her and confess. I feel guilty when i think about Mingyu. He is my friend and here i am crushing on his girlfriend.

But she liked me first. She still does.

Even after meeting her, we couldn't meet each others hearts. It hurts. I hate that sickening feeling inside of me. I hate it when the feeling of my heart falling down, suddenly happens.

I hate when i feel it sinking. I hate it whenever i see her with Mingyu, i hate the way it feels as if someone is constantly stabbing me. Not from the back but from the front and I can't do anything but just watch as she kills me.

I watch her laughing with teary eyes, wondering why is the person who is stuck in my eyes, looks exactly like her?

I don't know whether her eyes or talks were the reason or maybe it was just her. She is just Tzuyu.

When i saw Mingyu leaving her side, i walk towards her and was about to tap her shoulders when all the lights turned off.

Darkness was all that could be seen. I grabbed her hand and led her to somewhere where no one was there. Just us.

Why isn't she leaving?

Thoughts crosses my mind as the moonlight provided us a little light but it was mainly pointed on the floor, instead of our faces. I turn to look at her to find her looking down.

My shoes.

I wanted to laugh bitterly. My shoes were exactly the same as her so called boyfriend, Mingyu.

So, she thinks, it's Mingyu?

I couldn't define her features in the dark, i slammed her on the wall and felt her shiver. I wanted to admire her beautiful features but i couldn't because of the darkness.

Her eyes were shining in the dark and so were mine. One tear leaves my eyes. Being this close to her, being with her, being near her but for her, i am someone else.

I don't know if there is any world where we could be together.

Tears silently trails down my face as i caress her cheeks with my thumb. After adjusting to the darkness, i could finally see her face but i don't know if she could see mine or not.

Even if she did saw me, she didn't pushed me away.

I wiped away my tears as i saw her eyes scanning my face. Can she see me? Am i visible to her?

Was i ever visible to her? Were my feelings ever visible to her?

Before she could do something, i started to lean in, her hands automatically wrapped around my neck sent me shivers. Before i could lean in any more, she pressed her lips against mine.

For a moment, i wished, she knew, it was me instead of Mingyu.

The sparks took over me and our lips moved in sync as if they were made for each other. I don't know, if she tasted my salty tears, even if she did, she didn't complained.

She pulls away a moment later and stared in my eyes as if she knew it is me not him.

Almost instantly, i connected our lips. Biting on her lower lips before sucking and nibbling, hearing a low groan escaping her mouth. I take this chance to enter my tongue in, in that moment, i explored every part of her mouth.

I kissed her as if everything is going to end.

We pulled away breathless before a voice called out to us which i recognized as Jin's.

JUNGKOOK! MINGYU! He yelled our names as i separated myself from her and giving her one last look and pecking her swollen lips, i ran away.

Soon, light came and Tzuyu behaved as if nothing happened.

❝ɪ ᴡɪsʜ sʜᴇ ᴋɴᴇᴡ,
ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴇ,
ɴᴏᴛ ʜɪᴍ sɪɴᴄᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴇʀʏ ғɪʀsᴛ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ.❞

——————————————————

Hey guys!
Here's what happened
in tenth grade.
Love ya❤❤