Chapter 39

Song - Lost by Got7's JB

Chapter 39 - Actor

*Tzuyu's Pov*

Present Time -

Hey, can I sleep with you? Mingyu asks me, popping out of nowhere, standing in my doorway. For a moment, i thought about telling him about me and Jungkook but if i tell him right now, it would be too sudden.

Yeah...Why will you ask something like that? We used to sleep beside each other all the time. I reply smiling before tugging myself inside the blanket.

Right...

Something was different. Something felt different. Like he knew, he knew something. And maybe, he did.

It felt awkward. Something we never thought could take place between us. That unfamiliar tension spreads throughout my body when i feel him lay beside me.

Turn the lights off. I tell him, ignoring how uncomfortable i felt.

Why?

Why am i feeling this way?

The lights turned off with a click and darkness took place in front of my eyes. Feeling him move beside me only made me shift uncomfortably.

You are not like this, Tzu.

You both are not like this.

Making up my mind, i turned towards Mingyu, who's eyes were open and were staring at me, longing to say something that was on top of his tongue but couldn't escape.

What is it, Mingyu? I ask him.

We were always good friends. I don't want our atmosphere to be like this after break up. That's just...not what i want.

You look beautiful. That was my cue to move but i kept on staring at him. I was frozen in my place, couldn't move, couldn't speak, but just stare.

This used to be so normal. He would say something like this when we were sleeping and i would chuckle then pinch his cheeks. Now, it feels different.

Something changed.

I saw him leaning in, his breath hits my face, i knew he was about to kiss me.

My heart was going insane, my brain kept on sending signals for me to move or do something, my palms were sweating badly and i gulped at how close he was to me.

Then?

Then, i remembered Jungkook.

My hands came on top of his chest, pushing him as i murmured a little-

I'm sleepy.

-before i turned around and closed my eyes, trying to drift into a peaceful slumber where I don't have to be the slut.

Soon, the sound of soft snores filled the room causing me to open my eyes, realising Mingyu fell asleep.

He has always been the type of guy who falls asleep the fastest.

And me? It's never easy to fall asleep.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness once again. As minutes passed by, something was happening inside of me, as if, poison slowly and skilfully spreading throughout my body.

As i slowly stared at the ceiling, losing myself in my thoughts, i lost the track of time. Maybe it's been hours since i am just staring at the ceiling or maybe it's been only minutes which feels like hours.