Chapter 42

Song - Mayday by Got7

Chapter 42 - Friendship

*Tzuyu's Pov*

Present Time -

Sana, i have been where you are. I understand that raging feeling inside. I tell the girl who's looking confused and slowly breaking from the inside.

Tzu, I don't know what this is. One part of me wants him, the other doesn't give a shit to him. She speaks, her eyes blinking continuously as she stares at me.

And i?

I stare at the mess, I created.

Even after everyone telling me that it's not my fault at all that everything ended up like this, somewhere, if only that day in sixth grade, i didn't grabbed my phone, dialed his number and called Mingyu, if i didn't confessed my forced feelings to him, then, everything would have been different.

That's exactly the point, everything started to break down. The moment Mingyu and i became a thing, that's where it went wrong.

And it isn't his fault but mine.

Just one thoughtless thing i did, turned everything upside down.

It'll be okay. It'll---

It'll be just fine since i have you. A little light beamed inside of me when i heard these words escape her lips.

Sorry, Tzu for being too rude for too long. Do you think...It's time for me to forget him? She asks me, her voice showing her sorrow.

He said, he needs to think. Wait till he comes back with his thoughts settled down properly. I advised her and she simply nodded before objecting me.

But---

There's pain in waiting for him, there's also pain in trying to forget him but there's more pain in the confusion whether to wait for him or to try to forget him.

This shuts her up.

That's exactly what you are feeling, right? I've been there. I was there few days ago. That's what loving someone, who isn't with you is like. You don't know if you should move on or wait for that person. You think, what if, that person comes back and your wait ends but you both don't end up together. It'll all go in vain. That's love. The tears were falling down from her eyes, the sniffling sound rang in my ears then her sniffling turned into loud sobs.

When her teary eyes meets mine, my first instinct was to bring her in my arms but as soon as i spread my arms, she began shaking her head from side to side indicating no.

I looked away from her. I know, what she wanted. She wanted to be alone but not really alone. She wanted to cry without anyone around but still a shoulder hanging in there for her to lay her head.

And in that moment, I did what i should have. I turned invisible. As if i wasn't there. I didn't said a word, didn't move nor did i even glanced at her and just let her cry while i stared at the sky.

•••

So, it went well? Jungkook asks me as we walk in the backyard with no one disturbing us.

Yup. I give him a short reply in my cheery voice.

No words were exchanged between us after this, we were peacefully walking with no one around us, just us, deep in our thoughts.