Chapter 44

Song - Say no by Beast

Chapter 44 - This is it

*Mingyu's Pov*

Present Time -

It's hard.

It's fucking hard that it's almost making me not do it. But i have to because that is right.

Let's just end this. I speak out, regretting it the moment these words escapes my lips.

Mingyu.... Tzuyu trails off, her eyes shaking as they stare at me, painfully.

I take slow steps towards her, my mind going blank as if my world is ending. Pain shoots out inside of me as i get closer to her making me realize she was never mine to begin with.

Her heart lies somewhere else and it was never with me. Her eyes that used to stare at me so lovingly contained love of a sister to her brother.

I was always your friend, Tzu. Why would you put this barrier between our friendship? Forget about me being your boyfriend for once and just talk to me about it. I would have gladly listened. The moment i spoke these words, i knew, i lost the right to call myself her boyfriend.

I-i love h-him... She looks away just so that i won't be able to see the guilt in her eyes but i know her better than that.

And i love you. It doesn't matter how you take it. It doesn't matter if you take it as a brotherly love, as a friend, as a boyfriend or as an ex. Because no matter how you take it, i'll always love you. The title of a relationship doesn't matter as long as it have love in it.

I wanted to speak. I wanted to say so much more than this. But i couldn't. Of course, i was going to but i shut my mouth. Because if i didn't, then i am pretty sure, she would have heard my broken voice.

This was it. If i speak more, my voice will break, tears will fall. And I don't want to bid my girlfriend goodbye with tears in my eyes.

Mingyu. I liked you. I really did. And i tried to love you. At one point, i thought i was in love with you but i wasn't. I tried my best to love you with all my heart. She stops speaking, hesitating to look at me, scared that she will see me breaking.

You don't search for love where it doesn't exist and where it exists, there it can't be hidden either, you fool. I smile, lightly smacking her forhead causing a light smile to appear on her lips.

Thanks for understanding...It must be hard but you are still not complaining and just smili---

Fifteen years. I cut her off and she stares at me lost.

He has loved you for half of his life. More than half of his life. I don't know about you but there's something i want to clear.... Her eyes showed me how unsure she was of what i was speaking. As if she didn't believe anything her ears just heard.

I am not doing this for you. I am doing this for him. We have been friends before you came in our life or maybe just in my life. I used to think i know him inside out, but now, i really don't know much about him. He's such a good hider. He hid behind a mask even i, his so-called best friend wasn't able to tell what was true and what was just an act. I stop for a moment, laughing at my obliviousness while Tzuyu stared at me deeply.

There were times, i felt like there was something he hid. I never tried to dig it. Fifteen years is not a joke, Tzuyu. And i am clearly not joking when i say, if you guys don't end up together, then I don't think i'll be able to believe in love anymore. I finish off, leaving her surprised at my sudden confession.

There are some people who keep knocking on the closed door of the heart and there are some people who look at the closed door and come in through the window.

If someone would have asked my younger self, i would have said, i was the one who climbed the window.

But today, i realised, i was the one who kept on knocking and Jungkook was the one who climbed the window even before i started knocking on the door. It was just a matter of time until Tzuyu noticed someone's presence inside her heart.

And when she did, maybe it was too late for them to be together because she was already ready to open the door for me but to make everything fall in it's right place, i had to stop knocking.

So, i did.

F-fifteen y-years? W-what are you even saying? I have known him for around twelve years only...H-how is that p-possible? She stutters, her eyes shaking, listening the truth.

Truth takes up a lot of space in the heart, it just doesn't fit sometimes. I give her my genuine smile and she smiles back at me, gaining her senses back slowly.

So, it's over? She asks me, a little unsure.

Yeah, it's over. I nod my head at my comment before extending my hand for a handshake.

It was a pleasure to have you as my girlfriend but i think, it's about time i get my best friend back. A wide smile forms on her face when these words leaves my lips and reaches her ears. She extends her hand as we shake our hands, our skin brushing against each other and i realise, i've just lost her.

I love you. Maybe not as how i should have but as a sister, as a friend, i'll always love you. She takes her hand back and i start missing her absence without wasting a second.

You are in love, stupid. But with someone else. I smack her head before laughing when she groans, smiling at my normal gesture.

Yah! She whines before she starts laughing as well.

This is it.

Others might think that this ten years of relationship went in vain, but it didn't. Because of this, i learned what friendship is, what loving someone is truly like. Because of this, i've got people who will give me their hands when i fall but only after laughing.

When i fail, they'll have my back after making fun of how badly i failed. And maybe, this reunion was the real cure of our unknown wounds.

❝ʟɪғᴇ ʜᴀs ɪᴛs ᴏᴡɴ sʜᴀʀᴇ ᴏғ ᴘᴀɪɴ.
ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴡɪɴ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ,
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ.❞

——————————————————

Hey guys!
This is just a fill in.
And i didn't wanted to just show Tzuyu's side of the break up but Mingyu's too otherwise it would have been unfair.
I wanted him to have a chapter of his own to show you guys how he felt when everything was happening.
Love ya❤❤