Chapter One

Edited: 12/28/2021

(Percy's Pov)

Nico and I have sweat dripping off of our faces. We have been sword fighting for the last 3 hours. 

"Hey Nico," I spoke, swinging Anaklusmos (Riptide).

"Yeah," He replied, ducking.

"If Chiron let's us do you wanna go to the beach?" I asked using Riptide as a cane.

He looked down a little embarrassed "I don't know how to swim."

I smiled as a thought popped up in my head. "I'll teach you!"

He look up and laughed. "As long as you don't kill me!"

I couldn't help but laugh with him. "Ok, do you wanna race to the big house?" I caped Riptide and placed the pen in my pocket. 

I watched Nico strap his sword to his belt. "Ok."

"One." I said.

"Two." Nico said.

"THREE!" We both yelled and ran.

 *Two Minutes later*

Nico was in the lead just by a step, I ran just a little faster and beat him.

"I win." I declared.

We shook hands and he said, "Good Run." We walked up the steps and he knocked. 

We heard a faint, "Come in." 

I opened the door to see Chiron reading a book. He put his book down. "Hello, children. Is everything alright?"

"Yes." Nico said stepping inside. I wanted in behind him.

"Can me and Nico go to the beach for a little bit?" I asked.

Chiron looked thoughtful. "Yes, but be back before it gets to dark and if you get attacked come back in the borders. And remember you two are one of the most powerful demigods there is."

"Ok, thank you Chiron. We'll be back soon." I said. Nico and I walked outside.

"How are we going to meet back up?" He asked.

"Do you wanna meet at the borders?" I asked. 

"Sure." Nico said. "See you in a few."
With that he said walking forwards the Hades Cabin.

*5 minutes later*

I walk towards the boards and I see Nico standing with a bag and his trunks on. "Ready?" I asked.

"Read as I'll ever be," He said with a smile.

When, we got down there, we laid our things out and I srated teaching Nico how to swim.

*An hour later*

"Hey!" He said, swimming. "This is easy!"

I laughed. "Yeah. After u get used to it its pretty easy. Like learning how to ride a bike."

We swam for about an hour more. 

"Come on," I said. "It's getting dark."

"Ok," Nico said as we made our way towards the shore. 

After, we picked up all of our stuff I heard Nico gasp. I looked over at him to see tears pouring down his face. I looked up to see Will and Annabeth kissing. I grabbed Nico's hand and we ran to Camp. We got our stuff wrote a quick note and ran out of Camp with just a backpack full of things each.

Percy's note:

Dear Camp Half-Blood,

You must  have so many questions for me and Nico. I just want you all to know that we will never be coming back. Annabeth and Will broke us. Nico and I went down to the beach to have a small swim before it got to dark. After, we were done, I heared Nico gasp and had tears going down his face. He was watching Will and Annabeth making out. Like I said. We are leaving and never coming back. You have Will and Annabeth to thank. I hope you all have a great life.

Love, 

Percy Jackson

Son of Poseidon

A member of the seven

and most of all a former camper at Camp Half-Blood.

Nico's Note

Dear Hazel,

I am so sorry, but I am leaving. You were a good sister. You were there even if I didn't want you. You was just as good as a sister as Bianca. Me and Percy are running away and never coming back. I seen Will and Annabeth kissing at the beach. I'm sorry, that I am leaving. I just can't bear with the pain. Please don't come find me. I'll Iris Message you one day to let you know that I am ok.

Love,

Nico

Your little brother

Son of Hades

and most of all a former camper at Camp Half-Blood.

-_-_-_-

Words in total: 714