Chapter 3 (Part One)

Edited on 12/28/2021

(Nico's pov)

Today is August 18 and Percy's birthday. I did get him something, but I know Percy will like the first part, but I don't know about the second part. Now, you may be asking. How did you get Percy something with out him knowing? Well, A couple of days ago, we went into a store so we could buy more supplies.

"Here," He said as he handed me some money. "Go buy some can food and some water."

"Ok," I said back. "That will have to be good until we see your Mom again."

"It will. I won't eat as much." I mumbled to myself.

"No, Nico. Your barely eating now." Percy said.

"Ok. Now go use the restroom while I buy the stuff." He did as he was told.

While, I was on my way to the food section, I seen something out of the corner of my eye. I walked over to it. It was a blue sea horse. I took my money out my pocket. Percy doesn't know that I have it though. I have been saving it to buy him something for his birthday. I counted the money. 'Yes,' I thought. 'Just enough.'

I got it and payed for it. I shoved it in my book bag. Then, went and got the stuff we needed.

Anyways, back to today. I woke up early. I looked over at Percy. He was sleeping (don't forget the drool) away. I got out of the tree and yelled. "PERCY GET UP!!!"

Percy jumped and grabbed at Riptide. He looked at me. "What was that for?!"

I laughed. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

He laughed. "You should have let me sleep. That would have been a good birthday present." He layed his head back and closed his eyes.

"Percy, get up I have today all planned out and we have to get ready and start our way back in the city!"

"Why do we have to go into the city?" He questioned.

"That's were are plans are so hurry and get ready. "

"Ok, ok. I'm going. I'm going." Percy and I went and got ready. When, we were ready, we packed u and walked towards the city.

-_-_-_- 20 minutes later -_-_-_-

"Why are you putting a bandanna over my eyes again?" Percy asked confused.

"It's a surprise," I answered with a smile. I couldn't stop smiling. "I don't want you to see what I planned."

Percy his hands out trying to find something to hand on. "Why can't I see it? Can I at least know were we are going?"

I laughed. "If you know were we are going then it wouldn't be a surprise." I helped him to the elevator. I helped him to the back wall. "We're in a elevator just to let you know."

"Ok," Percy grabbed the bar that is on the wall. I walked over to the buttons and hit 7th floor.

We started to go up. "Can I take it off now?" Percy asked.

I laughed. "Were not there yet."

-_-_-_- In Sally/Paul's apartment -_-_-_-

"On the count of three, ok?" I asked.

"Can I count?"

I laughed. "No, because I know you to well. Instead of actually counting you will say three and rip the bandanna off. So, I will count."

"Fine!" Percy grumbled.

I laughed and looked back at Paul and Sally. I could tell they were trying to hold in a laugh.

"Will you stop laughing and start counting? I feel like I am blind." My cousin grumbled from the seat in front of me.

"Ok ok. One. Two." He out his hands to the bandanna. "Tre!"

Percy went to pull the bandanna off but he stopped. "What does that mean?"

"It means three," I answered.

Percy ripped off the bandanna as if his life depended on it. Percy had shock all over his face when he seen his parents.

-_-_-_-

This is more than one part.

<3 Have a good day.