Chapter five

Edited on 12/28/2021

(Nico's Pov)

I woke up and felt something laying on my waistline. I tried to get up, but the strong arm around me held on.

I looked at the clock. 6:37.

Well, I'm going back to bed. I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

(Nico's Nightmare)

Darkness.

"Nicoooooooo," I heard a voice whispered. I looked around. Darkness.

"Nicoooooooo," The voice said. "It's all your fault."

"How? I don't even know you," I yelled.

All of a sudden I was in The Pit again. I looked down at myself. My clothes were all torn and bloody. I was in pain all over. I started walking towards The Doors of Death, but the more I walked the farther they got. My walking turning into sprinting, my sprinting turning into running. I went into a dead stop when I didn't see the doors. The total blackness again. Then, I heard cracking behind me. I turned to a wood door. I slowly walked to it. I opened to see all of my friends hanging with a monster he had a knife out. I tried running up to Hazel, but a barrier was pushing against me.

The monster laughed, "Oh Nico di Angelo. They never really loved you."

I focused on Hazel, "Hazel, I'm here. Don't listen to him."

Hazel looked at me with pleading eyes, "I love you, Nico."

The monster threw the knife. I screamed as the knife hit Hazel in the heart. I watched as the light in Hazel's eyes go out. I screamed and cried.

The monster one by one look my friends lives. I screamed and begged him not to, but he never listened to me. He was the last one. Percy. I screamed the hardest I've ever screamed. I cried the hardest that I've ever cried.

"NO! NOT PERCY! PLEASE! NO!" I screamed.

"Any last words Percy?" The monster laughed.

Percy looked at me. Tears build up in his sea-green eyes. "I-I'm sorry, Nico. For not saving Bianca. One day, you'll see her. And we'll see each other again. Goodbye."

I screamed and cried. The monster laughed. Right before the knife, hit Percy in the chest. I woke up with a gasp.

(Percy Pov)

I was in a peaceful dream until I was awaken to someone screaming and crying in my arms. I open my eyes to see Nico screaming my name, "NO! NOT PERCY! PLEASE! NO!"

I gently shook Nico. I heard my door open, Mom was standing in the doorway. "Everything ok?"

I smiled a sleepy smile, "Yeah, Nico's having a nightmare. I'm trying to wake him up."

"Ok, if you can't you can always come and get me."

"I know Mom." I smiled. "I love you."

"Love you to sweetheart." Mom closed the door.

I turned my attention back to Nico. He was trying to push me away from him. I shook him hard. Nico gasped. Nico hugged me tight and cried.

I was heartbroken. Here, Nico was crying and it's breaking my heart.

"I-I-I'm sor-ry Percy!" Nico cried even harder into my my thin shirt.

I started rubbing his back in circles. I started whispering soothing words into Nico ear. "Hey, its ok. You didn't do anything. I'm fine. I have all my fingers and toes. I'm fine. Your ok too."

After a while Nico fell asleep again. I looked at the time. 9:17

I started debating if I should go back to sleep. Yes, No, Yes, No.

I finally made my mind up. I placed Nico on my chest and laid down. I got into a comfortable spot and slowly fell into a peaceful sleep.

-_-_-_-

Words: 611