Chapter #19

It was the next week and I was back at my apartment finishing packing my things. While I was packing there was a knock at my door. I thought it was Colby but he was out shooting some videos with Sam. So I went to the door and opened it. There I saw Elton standing in the doorway smiling.
"Hey uncle Elton. What cha doing here?" I asked.

"Well I wanted to come help my second favorite girl pack up her stuff." He said. See me and Elton have gotten really close over the last year. He has legit became my uncle to me. Growing up I never had an uncle and right now I don't have any family so Elton kinda filled one of the uncle roles.

"Second favorite?" I asked.

"Actually third. First Circa then Amanda then you." He said. Elton was always gonna put Circa at the top and everyone was fine with it. Elton had been really emotional a few months ago because his dog, Sparta, passed away. We don't talk about it or else Elton breaks down again. We are just glad he is up and moving around again.

"Okay fine, I guess. Thanks for coming over." I said.

"No problem. I'm always here to help." He said. I thanked him and we started to pack. Within two hours we had finished packing.

"You know for someone with such a tiny apartment you sure do have a lot of shit." Elton laughed.

"Yeah, I don't know how I managed to hide it most of the time." I laughed. Me and Elton grabbed the boxes and went downstairs to the moving van I had rented for the day. While we were down there I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turn around and it's someone I least suspect to see.

"Hey, Nancy." She said.

"Hey, Jackie." I said. There was silence and it was awkward.

"Well I'm going to give y'all some alone time." Elton said walking away. I hadn't seen Jackie in months. So things are still rough.
"Listen I'm sorry for the way things went down last time we talked. I was just so frustrated that you hadn't been seeing me as much and on top of that you weren't telling me things." Jackie said.

"I get it. It was a douche move not to tell you for a few months. It's my bad. You had every right to be mad at me. I'm sorry, Jackie." I said.

"It's fine, Nancy. I shouldn't have gone off like that. It was rude of me." She said.

"And I shouldn't have kicked you outta my car like that." I said. We both laughed at the memory of me kicking her out of my car.

"We were both being childish that day." I said.

"Yeah, it's just kinda rough to hear that your best friend and your ex are dating and had been for months." Jackie said.

"W-wait. What?" I asked.

"What?" She said looking confused.

"Ex?" I said.

"Yeah. Colby is my ex. You didn't know?" She asked.

"Colby Brock?" I asked.

"Yeah, Colby Brock." She casually said. My mind was racing. I didn't know it bothered me so much that my best friend used to date my boyfriend. Oh wait, because my best friend used to date my boyfriend! I took a step back.

"You really didn't know? Wow, Nancy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to find out this way. I thought Colby would have told you by now." Jackie said. I looked at her and nodded my head.

"It's fine. I-it's not your f-fault. I just had n-no idea." I stammered.
"Nancy, do you need to sit down you look like you're gonna hurl." Jackie said. I shook my head. Right as that happened Elton came out and saw me.

"Oh god! You look like your gonna hurl!" He said.

"Told ya." Jackie said.

"Come on kid." Elton said wrapping his arm around me to get me inside. Jackie waved bye to me and left. Elton got me inside and asked what happened. I told him what Jackie told me.

"Oh wow. I'm sorry, Nancy. I never even knew Colby and Jackie dated. But that is in the pass now. Colby obviously loves you. I mean damn he helped buy you a house." Elton said.

"I know he loves me and I love him. I just don't know why Colby wouldn't have told me that him and Jackie dated." I said.

"Maybe he thought that if he told you that you would get so pissed and leave him and he can't even think about that possibility without getting teary eyed." Elton said. Elton was right. He couldn't bear the thought of losing me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And I couldn't bear the thought of losing him
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh poor Nancy. So young and in love. If only she knew what was to come. Until next time. Peace out.

Edit: THIS BOOK HIT 1K! Thank y'all for all the love and support. This book is growing so fast and I couldnt be more grateful! Love you all!