Chapter #38

After she said goodbye to me she walked inside without me saying anything. When she had shut the door behind her a small tear slipped out of my eye.

"Goodbye, Nancy." I whispered to myself as if she could hear me. I climbed back into my car and sat there for a little bit letting most of the tears escape before I started to drive. After I had my moment I started to drive home and I turned on my radio to distract me. Right as I turned on the radio a song started to play that I hadn't listened to for awhile because each time I did, it hurt a little more. As "Can't help falling in love" played I started to cry more and more until I had to pull over because I couldn't see because everything was too blurry. When I pulled over my sobs became louder and louder. I put my head in my hands and tried to stop the tears. I tried to stop the heart break but I couldn't help it. It felt like I couldn't breath anymore. Like my throat was closing in on me and I couldnt stop it from happening. I reached for my phone trying to call someone to get them to help me. I clicked it on and pressed Sam's number. After three rings he picked up.

"Hey, Colby. Whats up?" He asked. I couldn't make out words. All I could do was stammer.

"I-I-I N-N-Nancy q-q-quit" Was all I had to say before he understood.

"Oh god, Colby. Where are you?" He asked. I managed to tell him and he said he was on his way. He hung up and my sobs started to echo again. Why was I hurting again so much? Why did I care so much? I have a wonderful girlfriend that loves me and for some reason I was hurting over the girl that I had dated over two years ago. Maybe it was because I still loved her. Maybe it was because I never truly got my feelings about it out and I went straight to hooking up with other girls. As I thought about this and my sobs continued I heard my car door open and close. I could care less about checking to see who it was. I wouldn't care if it was a robber or a murderer. But when I felt a hand on my back and "shhh's" filling the air I knew that it was my best friend. I looked up at him with my eyes filled with tears. He looked back at me with a sad smile. God, here we go again with those.

"Colby? Can you please calm down and explain what happened to me?" Sam said calmly. I started to breath deep breaths to calm down. After a few minutes of that I could talk again.

"At the bar Nancy sang stone cold and she was looking at me most of the time. So, after I dropped off Scarlett and got to Nancys house I asked her about it. I told her that I was happy with Scarlett and she sang that one line from the song and got out. I got out of the car and was sayig stuff about how Scarlett was there for me, loved me, was goofy with me, handled me, was in my videos, and other things. When I said that she loved me Nancy blew up. She yelled at me about how she did all of those things, too. About how she loved me. How she still loves me. After that she was walking inside and just said that she quit cause she couldnt work in that kind of enviorment anymore. She said bye and that was that. I have been crying ever since." I spilled out fast enough that way I wouldnt start to bawl again.

"Oh man." Was all he said.

"How could she say that she loved me again? She didn't before." I said. Sam looked at me.

"Colby, she doesn't love you again." He said.

"Yeah she does. She just told me." I said pointing out the obviouse.

"No. She doesn't love you again. She hasn't stopped loving you. Ever since you guys met it was like, and you know I don't believe in this, but it was like love at first sight. Even after you guys broke up, she never stopped loving you. Same goes for you." He said.

"I dont love her anymore, I love Scarlett." I said.

"Colby. Can you actually see yourself spending the rest of your life with Scarlett?" Sam asked. I thought about it for a little bit.

"No." I simply said.

"What about Nancy?" He asked. This one I didn't really have to think that long.

"Yes." I said. Sam looked at me.

"See. You never really stopped loving her. You tried but we all know that you didn't really." Sam said.

"I know you're right, I just don't want to hurt her again. I already have before and it killed me. I dont want to do that again, Sam." I said to Sam, looking at my feet.

"I know, bud. But you need to tell her but do it on your own time, okay?" He said.

"Okay." I said.

"Okay. Now lets go home." Sam said. I nodded. I wasnt in any state to drive so Sam drove instead. Apparently Corey had dropped him off. When we got home I instantly went to my room, not wanting to talkto anyone. Everyone understood and left me alone for the night. While I was in bed on my phone I looked at my desk and saw the camera that Nancy had gotten me before. I thought about it and decided to go through the footage on it. There wasnt very much. After about an hour I came across a video that I didn't know about. I looked at the date it was recorded and it was the day before me and Nancy's one year anniversary. I decided to watch it so I loaded it onto my computer and clicked play.

"*Ahem* Hey, Babe." Nancy started. To hear 'babe' come out of her mouth again was a weird familliar feeling.

"So tomorrow is our one year anniversary and I decided to make this video for you and just tell you how much I love you and appreciate all that you have done for me. Before I started working for you guys I only had Jackie. I had zero family and that had left this hole in my heart. That day that I had gotten fired from my job was actually the best thing to happen to me. Because of that I was able to meet my new family. You and the boys have all of my heart. I cannot thank you guys enough for accepting me and I cannot thank you enough, Colby. For loving me and being my rock. I dont think I could be me without you. I have never felt this kind of love for someone before and it is an amazing feeling. So, I really just want to say happy anniversary and I hope we have many more of these. I love you so so much, bub." She finished and turned off the video. Tears were in my eyes.

"You still love her, right?" I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned around and saw Scarlett standing in my doorway.

"Well, I-I umm." I didn't know what to say.

"It's okay, Colby." She said. I was kind of surprised.

"It is?" I asked.

"Of course. You dont ever really get over a love. You just find someone that you love more but I don't think I'm that, am I?" She said.

"No." I simply said. She nodded her head. She walked up to me and gently kissed my cheek.

"Goodbye, Colby Brock." She quietly said.

"Goodbye, Scarlett." I said. She walked out of my room.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And just like that another girl walked out of my life.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey guys, Hoped you enjoyed this chapter. If you did then hit that vote button and leave a comment. Thanks for reading! Peace out!