Chapter #65

~time skip three years~

The morning started with being jumped on by my now three year old, Ninava. Mornings often started this way. My eyes shot open and I looked at my giggling little girl. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Good morning, mommy!" She exclaimed.

"Good morning, Ninie." I said giving her the biggest smile I could muster this early in the morning. Ninava then jumped over on to Colby. Colby let out a big grunt and his eyes shot open. He looked around, he relaxed when he finally realized what was happening.

"Good morning, Daddy!" Ninava yelled at him. He gave her a big smile.

"Good morning, baby girl." He said sitting up and giving her a kiss on the cheek. He looked at me and smiled again.

"And good morning to you too." He said kissing me.

"Morning, bub." I replied. Ninie looked at me and frowned.

"What's wrong, sweetie." I asked.

"I'm hungry." She said sadly. Once the words hit my ears I whipped my head to see a smiling Colby. Before I could do anything, the words flowed from his mouth.

"Hi hungry, I'm dad." Once they left his mouth I groaned and rolled my eyes. Colby was smiling. He has been making dad jokes ever since Ninava was born. He feels very special that only he is qualified to make them out of our friend group. I got out of bed and turned to Colby.

"Come on, dad. Let's go make hungry some food." Colby grinned at me and got up. He walked over and grabbed Ninava and swung her in the air. Giggles escaped her throat and it put a smile on my face. We walked downstairs to see toys everywhere. Colby and I looked at each other then to Ninava.

"How long have you been up, Missy?" I asked her. She grinned at me.

"Just a little while. I didn't want to wake you." She said. Colby and I were thankful for that. One thing about Ninava is that she is special. The doctor says she is a very smart child. Way ahead of all other kids her age. This surprised Colby and I at first because she is our kid. Colby and I are smart in our own ways but to have a genius kid? It was strange. We cooked breakfast and Colby and Ninava started to eat. I wasn't feeling very well so I didn't eat. Colby noticed and looked at me weird.

"Why aren't you eating, babe?" He asked. Ninava giggled at the nickname. She always does. We smiled at her.

"I'm not feeling well. I feel like if I try to eat then I'll puke." I said. Colby raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe you should go to the doctor." He said while stuffing pancakes in his mouth.

"Nah I think I just have a flu." I said.

"Yeah, last time you said that we ended up with her." He pointed to Ninie who was playing with her pancakes and syrup. She looked up at us and smiled. I started to panic. I looked at Colby with big eyes.

"You think I'm pregnant again?" I asked.

"No that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that you might want to get checked out." He said calming me.

"Okay, yeah. Ill get checked out." I said. After a bit they had finished eating and I grabbed their plates putting them in the sink. I started to wash the dishes and Colby came over and shut off the water. He looked at me and smiled.

"What are you doing?" He asked. I looked to the dishes as if it was obvious, which it was.

"The dishes?" I said.

"Babe, you need to go to the doctor. We need to figure out what's up." He said. I went to start to say something but he cut me off.

"I'll take care of Ninie. She'll be fine." He said. I closed my mouth and nodded. I sighed.