Chapter #29

I was driving to the address that Colby had given me and the whole way there the only thing I could think about was Colby. I didn't know if I had heard him right. Maybe he said something else but my ears wanted to hear that or maybe he did say what I heard and I'm in denial? I stopped thinking about it when the GPS started talking.

"Your destination is on the right." It said in its robotic monotoned voice. I pulled into a driveway of a beautiful house. It wasn't as big as the other one but it wasn't that small either. It was a perfectly good size. I got out of my car and walked up to the door. I wasn't gonna lie to myself, I was nervous and I didn't know why. I knocked lightly on the door. I heard footsteps approaching the door. I knew it wasn't Elton because the footsteps were light. Elton likes to stomp. Amanda opened the door and looked at me. I smiled and her mouth dropped open. She opened her arms and waved me to her. I hugged her.

"What are you doing here, kid?" She whispered.

"Im here to see you guys." I said. She let go of me and looked at me.

"Don't lie to me, kid. I know you're here to just see Elton." She said eyeing me down.

"Okay, but you are a plus." I said. She smiled at me.

"Come on in. Lets surprise Elton." She said. I nodded my head. I walked inside and Amanda sat me on the couch.

"Hey, babe! Who was at the door?" Elton yelled from the other room.

"Just a girl scout!" Amanda yelled back winking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Did you get any?" Elton asked.

"No, but she shouldn't be that far gone if you want any." Amanda said. Elton came running out of the room and passed Amanda. He then came to where I was sitting. He stopped and looked at me, his mouth and eyes wide open.

"So, what kind did you want? Thin mints, tagalongs?" I asked jokingly. He smiled with teary eyes and pulled me into a hug.

"H-h-how are you h-h-here?" He stumbled around with his words.

"Well, when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much the daddy sticks his p-" Elton cut me off. He pushed me back.

"Woah, woah, woah. No need for that." He said. I laughed. I looked at his face and saw tear streaks down his face. I smiled at him. His cheeks got red and he wiped the tears away.

"I'm a manly man. Men dont cry. " He said puffing up his chest.

"Yeah and men don't buy girl scout cookies but look who was running for them." I said. He scowled me.

"That didn't happen." He said. I laughed.

"Okay, okay. Come over here and tell me all about Ireland." Elton said leading me to the couch. We sat down and I told him everything. Even about the nights I cried myself to sleep thinking about not being with them. Not being with Colby. When I said Colby's name and thought back to those nights, I started to tear up again. I ignored it and kept talking. I didn't realize the tears that had slipped out of my eyes until Elton wiped one away. I looked at him and he sadly smiled at me. I was getting kinda tired with the sad smiles but I just smiled back and he pulled me to his chest. He stroked my hair. I sobbed into his shirt. I hadn't realized all the emotions I was keeping inside of me. They all generated from leaving the boys, seeing my brothers again for the first time in years, breaking up with Colby, leaving my brothers, seeing the boys again, and seeing Elton again the man who is most like a father to me. I pulled away from Elton and wiped my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm being stupid." I said. Elton frowned at me.

"No you aren't. Do you remember what I sent to you the night you and Colby broke up? I told you that you had to work through the emotions or else they were just going to build up inside you until you broke and they all flooded out. You obviously didn't work through them, which is normal, but I'm here to help you move through them. You are not alone, Nancy. You have me, Amanda, Corey, Sam, Aaron, Jake, and yes even though he is one of the main sources of this pain, you still have Colby too. So, don't say that this is stupid. You have been through a lot of hurt in your life. Its normal to break down and cry, but don't hide it." Elton said. His little speech made me cry even harder and I fell into him. He hugged me as tight as he could. It seemed like he thought that if he loosened his grip even a little bit that I would leave again. That wasn't the case though. I realized that one of my problems is that I haven't had a father figure in my life for years so when I had Elton I felt that little empty spot being removed. When I left it came back, and I was ignoring it. Now I'm facing it and I'm not leaving again anytime soon.