Chapter 2

Adonis's Parents

Adonis

After everybody left the meeting I pondered over Beatrice's question. How am I gonna set up a meeting with Mr.Queen?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has wanted to partner up with Queen Corporation but nobody has ever succeeded in ever meeting Mr.Queen at least not to my knowledge.

I quickly dial a number on my phone and wait for the person on the other line to pick up

"Mr.King what is it this time." Evan my private investigator greeted with a gruff voice.

"Get me any type of contact with Mr.Queen or any staff in Queen Corporation with a high enough position to know Mr.Queen."

"C'mon Adonis I thought you were over your obsession of trying to find this Mr.Queen," he said more casually this time.

"Just do as you're told if you succeed with this then I double your pay."

"Fine but don't get your hopes up. You know I'm the best at what I do and even for me it's impossible to get any information on him."

A beep is followed after that notifying me that he hung up.

After the phone call, I get myself ready to go home because I honestly don't have any energy to fuck anybody right now. I just hope I get even a little snippet of information.

When I arrive home I immediately notice that the lights are on and that a familiar car is parked on my lot.

Good thing I didn't bring a girl home today or else that would be another long talk.

As I enter my house I am quickly greeted by my parents more specifically my mother who jumped in my arms and my dad just smiling at the scene playing in front of him.

"Oh dear you're finally home we've been here for hours you shouldn't overwork yourself how are you gonna be healthy enough to give me my grandbabies." my mom says genuinely worried.

"Mama, how many times do I have to tell you I don't want to settle down yet okay?"I say annoyed but still happy that my parents are here.

"And how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not getting any younger."

"Dear give our son some space you're gonna end up strangling the boy, and do not over exaggerate we have only been here for an hour and you know that you'll always be young to me."My dad says giving me a pat on the back.

"Yeah because you're older than me you old man."My mom retorts back.

"Not that I'm not happy you guys are here but why are you here?" They usually only come on special occasions.

"Well you have made no intention of visiting us so we took it as an opportunity to visit you and your father wanted to talk to you about some business stuff." my mom says heading over to the living room with me and my dad following right behind her.

You see my mom knows nothing about what we do I mean she knows that it's some type of business but other than that she is clueless. When her and my dad married she was just a farm girl who moved to the city whilst my dad just got handed the company by my grandfather so she doesn't know a thing but it's not like she cares, as long as we're not doing anything illegal she's okay with it.