Chapter 24

Marco

I wake up from probably one of the best naps I've ever taken but the smile on my face is quickly wiped off when I notice that Vixen was no longer by my side.

Right after Adonis left I was contemplating whether to settle her down nicely without waking her up or just taking a nap with her. I obviously chose the latter.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a loud crash outside the door. I quickly got out of the bed and headed outside to where the noise was.

The scene that unfolded in front of my eyes instantly made my blood boil with jealousy.

"What the hell is going on here." My voice boomed across the whole house making Vixen stop her laughing and Adonis look at me with a smug expression that I so wanted to wipe off his face.

"Oh, sorry brother were we too loud? We didn't mean to wake you up from your nap." Anybody would've thought that he was actually being sincere but I know that, that's just his way of secretly mocking me.

"We're truly sorry Marco if we woke you up, it's just that your brother here decided to blow bubbles all over me while we were doing dishes so I obviously had to get him back. Then this happened." She looked down at their position and her eyes widened probably realizing what a scandalous pose they were in. She quickly stood up from her position.

"Um, I'll continue doing the dishes and Adonis, get this all cleaned up." She pointed at the slippery mess that was the kitchen.

She left to go do the dishes and I instantly held Adonis by his collar and pushed him onto the wall.

"Whatever bullshit you're feeding her needs to stop. I won't let you manipulate her into liking you, for you to just hurt her later." I let go of his collar and was about to walk away but Adonis had something else to say.

"When can I get it through your thick skull that I actually like her and that I don't see her like any other woman. You're just too blind to see that I'm genuine with her and that I'm willing to drop my old ways to be with her."

I said nothing in return but just scoffed and walked away. Huh, genuine my ass. I've known him long enough to know that he's willing to do anything for something or more like someone in this case, that he can't get.

A strange voice in the back of my head was a little doubtful and maybe I did believe that he was saying the truth, but I pushed the voice deep down and just ignored it.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Vixen just about to finish putting away the dishes but I saw her struggling to put a plate on the shelf since she couldn't reach it.

I grinned at her cuteness and went to help her. I walked right behind her and put the plate away.

She turned around still not aware of our close proximity.

"Thank you." She smiles up at me. I put my arms on either side of her, trapping her in between me and the counter.

"God, Vixen do you know what you do to me?"

She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"Do you feel it?" I ask her as I slowly lean closer so she can feel my growing erection against her stomach.