Chapter 32

Adonis

Adonis

"It's okay guys, I'll be fine I'm sure he won't hurt me. You guys just go on about your day and I promise I'll be back home safe." Vixen said it was obvious that she was lying through her teeth because of how doubtful her eyes looked. She didn't even believe her own words herself.

"Ok but just remember that if you need help in any way we're here for you," James said motioning to us three. Over the course of this whole mess taking place, we've all strangely gotten closer. I guess it's because we all have one thing in common and that's Vixen. We all have an instinct to protect her.

Marco and I have been more civilized over the past couple of days since we didn't want to add more stress to the already stressed Vixen. That doesn't mean that we don't still throw glares at one another when the other gets too close for our liking.

I think James has caught on to our little staredowns since whenever he catches us in the act he just throws us a knowing smirk. Vixen, on the other hand, has no clue and is completely oblivious to Marco and I's silent battle. I just wished that I could comfort her more and make her worries go away but this is her own battle to face and I'll be more than happy to just stand idly by the sidelines in case she needs my help.

"Well, I guess I'll get going." Vixen sighed as she hugged James for comfort. Vixen didn't look like her usual confident and fiery self, ever since this whole mess has taken place she's looked so worn out and she looks like she doesn't get much sleep. I hope that when this whole mess runs over that she can come back to her usual feisty self.

Marco and I watched as the two hugged it out both seeming to not want to let go. Vixen gave James a final squeeze and headed towards Marco, who she also gave a hug to although it was much shorter than her hug with James it still stirred up jealousy in my body which quickly diminished as she went to hug me.

Her body moulded perfectly with mine. Every curve of her body fit perfectly like a puzzle to the hard ridges of my own. I didn't want to let go but we were interrupted by Marco's quite obnoxious coughing when she sadly unwrapped her arms around my torso, my body instantly yearning to be next to her again.

"I'll get going," Vixen said sounding like she was in somewhat of a daze.

She looked torn when she parted from our brief hug and I was left clueless as to what could've put the expression on her face.

"Ok take care Vixen," James said as he walked Vixen out the door.

He made sure that Vixen has pulled out of the garage before quickly turning back to us.

"Okay so let's go over the plan again. You two go over to Marco's house and keep monitor of the office and I'll wait here in case anything happens. I brought these walkie talkies so we can communicate without getting traced. I've known Vixens dad as long as Vixen has and I know that his intentions aren't good. I know he won't hurt Vixen but I won't take any chances."