Chapter 30

Vixen

Vixen

I knew I was thankful for both the brothers for helping me out but there was another emotion that I couldn't quite decipher towards Adonis. When he says those words that sound so sincere it scares me and also comforts me at the same time.

I know that I said that I was gonna give him another chance and to be honest I thought he was gonna blow it like last time but he is taking this very seriously. There is no denying his sincerity this time around, at first, I wanted to just ignore it but it's getting harder and harder.

"Okay so what's the plan now, your dad obviously knows you're here. What are we gonna do?" Marco coughed awkwardly while looking between Adonis and me.

"I need to talk to him....alone."

"No, Vixen with how dangerous you've said he is I'm not letting you go anywhere near him."

"Adonis it's alright if there's one person that my dad would never hurt it's me. I know it's something important if he came and went there by himself. I'll be at my office tomorrow, James you're staying here. I'm gonna have a talk with him then. Thank you both for even offering to help, I shouldn't have dragged you guys into this."

With that, I went upstairs to my room to have some time for myself. I just needed time to think and mentally prepare myself for tomorrow.

________________________________

Morning came faster than I had anticipated. Last night I just stayed in my room and the boys knew that I needed a space to think so they didn't bother me. I heard the brothers leave a couple of hours after I went up here.

I barely got a wink of sleep last night but what bothered me most is that it wasn't because of my meeting with dad it was about Adonis.

He's been clouding my mind more than I'd like to admit. I don't know what I feel towards him and I can't seem to pinpoint it. I know deep down it was wrong to think about Adonis-like this when there was something going on between his brother and I.

What that something is, is also another thing that hasn't left my thoughts. We've kissed a couple of times but we've never made anything set in stone.

I decided to go to a professional to clear up my thoughts so I got up and went over to James's room.

"Hey is everything alright you worried me last night. Are you sure you don't want me to come with you today."

" I can handle him, you know yourself that he would never lay a finger on me. I actually came here to talk to you about something."

"It can't be, are you actually coming for girl talk? Do you know how long I've been waiting for this? I never thought this day would come."

"How do you know that's what I wanted?" I asked confused by his accurate prediction.

"Oh Vixen anybody can see it in your face. You have boy trouble written across your forehead."

"Fine, I guess you got me. I'm just confused about Adonis and Marco."

"Ok come and sit here and tell me exactly what's going on in that pretty little head of yours." I ignored his little comment but went to sit across him anyways.

"I'm confused about a lot of things but mainly about what I'm feeling. I thought I was content with Marco and that I was sure that he was who I wanted but Adonis makes me feel this emotion inside me that I can't seem to shake off. Marco is the safe choice and I know he'll take care of me but I don't know if I can be with him in the long run since he despises what I do for a living and he just seems too caught up with the past. Adonis on the other didn't give me the best impression but he grew on me when I gave him a second chance. The sincerity and adoration he has about his feelings for me are almost scary and I don't know how to react to it nor do I know exactly what I feel towards him."

"Oh Vixen you've always been so naive and innocent. You like both of them, it's as simple as that. You might not want to admit it but I saw the ways you've been looking at Adonis. I can see that you like both of them but for different reasons. Now I'm not gonna choose which one you should pick between them because they're honestly both great choices. I just want to make sure that you won't end up regretting your decision in the end. God, I can't believe it took you 25 years to talk to me about boys. I feel like you've finally grown up." James says, dramatically gushing about how I've apparently become a woman.

"Don't get me wrong Vixen, you know I love you and no matter what I always will love you, but I'm just so happy that you're worrying about something other than the stock market or business deals. Women your age shouldn't be worrying if the next great depression is about to occur you should be worrying about what your outfit is gonna be for the night or who you're going to snag for a one night stand, and I'm truly glad these men have you finally thinking about those things. I want you to know that whoever you choose I'm behind you as always. I want you to choose whoever you think will truly make you happy. Right now it might be confusing and I don't think those two would mind waiting for you. I can see it in there eyes Vixen they're deeply infatuated with you. So give them both an equal opportunity and see where that takes you."

I pondered over what James said for the rest of the night that I almost forgot about my meeting with dad.

I didn't want to meet with him but I know that if I don't go to him that he'll come to me and I can't risk him knowing more than he already does.