Chapter 27

Vixen

While we were having lunch I got a call from James that my dad has finally found me. He was outside the company causing havoc, wanting to be let in. The security team kicked him out as soon as possible, but I have no doubt that he'll come back.

The security team made sure that no information about me was leaked or that I was even in the building. I also made sure that he didn't see James because he might've recognized him from the past.

I didn't tell the guys why I didn't want to see my dad but I just told them that he wasn't a good person and they seemed to be on board.

The plan is for Adonis to fill in for me while I go in hiding for a while. My dad probably found out that I was the CEO so when he sees Adonis as the CEO he'll hopefully go off to looks somewhere else. I also need to find out where he got any leads on me because as far as I know, I'm not even on the map. The name Vixen Queen is non-existent and I've made sure of it so whoever is working for my dad must be one hell of a detective.

As for Marco, I need him to fill in James's place because I know that if my dad gets a hold of James that he'll put him in danger just to get information on my whereabouts.

I know by doing this I could risk my company but I can't have my dad find me or else it'll be more than just my company that I lose. My plan was a long shot but right now that's the only thing I could think of.

So as soon as the cruise trip is done I'll go into hiding in James's house for a while and maybe even find a completely new place to live because he might also be looking for James.

As for the work in the company, Adonis will continue doing his normal work regimen, the only difference is that he'll be doing it in my office. James and I will conduct meeting through phone calls and continue to do our work in James's house. Now for Marco, he'll be going from King Corp to Queen Corp to deliver paperwork that needs to be dealt with and he'll deliver the paperwork from Queen Corp to James's house.

It was a good thing that none of my staff knew what I looked like or else this would've been pretty hard to explain. As for Adonis, we came up with the idea that he just extended his Vacation so that he didn't have to show up to his company.

I really hope that this plan works because I know that if we fail that I'll have to face him eventually and I really don't want to.

________________________________

Adonis

To say that I was surprised was an understatement. I offered to help Vixen already knowing that she was gonna refuse my help but to my amazement, she did need my help. I wanted to know why she wanted to avoid her dad so much to the point that she's willing to go this far but I know she didn't want to talk about it.

I know it's going to feel weird working in her office but all I need to do is show her dad that Vixen isn't the CEO there and it's all good. I'm not expecting anything in return but I hope that by helping her that she can see that I'm not the same asshole she met the first time.

I was looking forward to having Marco as my assistant because I want him to know that being in this industry is more than just money talk and bragging about the things you have and that it's actually hard work to maintain what you have and build onto it.

He always degrades the things I do for this company so I want him to have a sense of what it's like.

_____________________________

The rest of the cruise trip went by with no problem. Vixen tried to enjoy herself as much as possible but you could tell that something was always occupying her mind. Apparently, her dad hasn't stopped trying to get into the company and even punched one of the security guards in the face.

Vixen has been talking to James about the plan and he was quick to agree to the plan. James also never referred to Vixens's dad as his dad and I was confused at first but then Vixen let me know that they aren't actually siblings but they might as well be.

Marco and I bickered less because we both didn't want to add to Vixen's stress. Instead, we tried to keep it as stress-free as possible. There were times where I was close to fighting him about something because he was just getting too close to her but I just settled for glaring at him when Vixen wasn't looking.

I would've wanted to prolong the trip but it sadly came to an end. We were the last ones to get off the cruise and James was waiting by the dock along with my driver.

"Vixen!!!! Oh My God, you're finally back I've missed you so much. Your dad has been nonstop for the past couple of days, but I made sure he never even stepped a single foot into the building."

"I've missed you to James, and thank you for handling the situation while I was gone."

James leaned in to whisper something to Vixen while not so discreetly staring at Marco and I. From the looks of it Vixen didn't like what she heard because she just smacked him and got all flustered.

"Well, guys thank you for taking care of Vixen here for me and thanks for continuing to help her with this situation. We'll be off now." They both got into the car while saying there goodbyes.

"I can drop you off, it doesn't look like you have a ride." Marco complies just nodding at me and headed for the car.

As soon as we were seated and the car took off he looked like he wanted to say something.

"Do you really like her?" Marco asked out of nowhere.

"That's a dumb question to ask of course I do," I say without any hesitation.

"No Adonis I mean do you really like her. Do you like her enough that you'd give anything you have and drop everything to be with her? Do you like her enough that you question if it's love?"

This time it took a while for me to answer. I knew I had deep feelings for Vixen but it all felt so foreign to me that I didn't really know what I was feeling for her. I didn't know what to label it, I didn't even know if I wanted to label it.

"Look I don't know what I feel for her because this is the first time I've felt like this before, but I sure as hell know that I have unfathomable feelings for her. This is the longest I've paid attention to a woman and she hasn't even done anything sexually to me. I don't know what I'm feeling but I know that I like it."

I looked at Marco to see his response but his stoic face gave nothing away.

"Let's make an agreement. I hate to admit this but I actually believe that you have genuine feelings for her. With that being said I want both of us to have equal opportunities to be with her. I won't try to stop you from talking to her or anything like that and you do the same. By the end of this, we accept whoever she picks to be with her and the other man has to just accept it and move on Deal?"

I thought over it for a while and by the time I had my answer, we have already arrived at his house.

"Deal"