Chapter 14

Vixen

"Ma'am would you like to file charges on Mr. King?" my head security asks me while the paramedics carry James on the stretcher.

I knew that there would be no use of filing a lawsuit against Adonis so I dismissed them with no further instructions and followed the ambulance to the hospital. I saw them take James to get inspected and I was told to stay in the waiting room. I know that James was okay and that there wouldn't be any permanent damage but that doesn't decrease the worry that I have.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a nurse who asked me some questions.

"Miss, may I know your relationship with the patient that just came in?"

"He's my brother," I say with no hesitation because that was what he really was to me. He was way more than just a best friend to me and we never even considered ourselves us friends we always said to people that we were siblings.

"Well Miss your brother has 3 minor bruises that'll heal within a few weeks and a broken nose that we did manage to put back to place but it won't look straight like before and we did do a CT scan to make sure he didn't break or fracture anything but unfortunately he did fracture a rib and he'll need to stay on bed rest for two weeks before he can do any excessive activities. He can be discharged tomorrow and the doctor prescribed him with some painkillers." she left after giving me his prescriptions and leading me to the room he was in.

I entered his room and saw that he was conscious and I let out a breath of relief seeing that he was okay.

"Oh.My.God Do you see my nose!!!!!! It's hideous I can't believe that bastard had the nerve to beat ME up." Trust James to be more worried about his crooked nose rather than a fractured rib.

He ranted more about his nose and even the hospital clothes and how it made him look absolutely horrifying to look at.

"James are you really fine though?" his joking atmosphere instantly disappeared and he looked like he was about to cry.

I instantly sat beside him and held his hands.

"Yeah I'm fine, it just reminded of h..high school. It reminded me of how they would just beat me up for no reason other than because I was gay. You can't even believe how scared I was at that moment Vixen, it was like horrible flashbacks happening all over again. I didn't faint from the punches he threw at me I fainted because of a panic attack. When I saw the rage on his face it was like I already knew what was gonna happen so I started panicking." By the time he stopped talking he was bawling in my arms and shaking tremendously and I could do nothing but just hold him there and be the rock he needed right now.

I remember exactly what he was talking about. I just entered freshman year of high school and he was a junior and he thought that because I was finally at the same school as him that he would come out to the whole school and finally start acting like himself and not have to deal with being chased down by girls anymore or be weird in front of guys he liked but it didn't exactly go as planned because the guy that everyone once used to love in high school was now the number one target. Each week it got worse, at first, it was just people ignoring him then they would call him horrible things then finally the whole popular squad of the school who used to be James's friends turned their backs on him completely and started beating him up.

I was too focused on doing well in high school that I didn't even notice any of this happening to him and he tried his hardest to make me completely oblivious of the situation. He acted all happy around me even though he just got beat up a couple of minutes ago. The day I found out was when I came back to school because I had forgotten something from my locker but then I heard a scream so me being me I headed there and I still can't forget the scene that I saw. James was surrounded by a whole group of kids and there was James in the middle completely beaten up. I screamed at the top of my lungs and everybody started running away. I instantly called for the ambulance and hurried to James who was completely lifeless and bloody.

From then on we didn't step another foot in the school ever again and thankfully we were both transferred to another school but that doesn't mean it was all over for James. He completely shut everyone out except me. He still acted all happy and tried to not make me worried but I knew better than for him to trick me again. He constantly got panic attacks in school especially when he was anywhere near the popular kids of the school. He didn't tell anybody that he was gay in fact he didn't talk to anybody at all until he graduated the next year. He still had to go through therapy and even though he is way better now he still has rare occasions where he gets flashbacks and now Adonis just made it completely worst for him.

I got a hold of the students that beat him up and I made sure that they would never get a respectable job in all of America. That was the least I could do after being completely naïve and oblivious of what James was going through.

Even to this day James still panics when he wants to come out to someone. That's why he still tries to hide it from people and he acts straight around them.

I was cut out from my thoughts when I hear James soft snores. I carefully lay him down on the bed and was ready to head out but his hands stop me.

"Can you please stay I might have nightmares again?"

He didn't even need to ask me. I ask the nurse for an extra blanket and pillow and I situate myself on the couch beside his bed.

"Goodnight," he says barely awake himself.

"Goodnight. I love you"

"I love you"

________________________________

Marco

I was currently at the house I was looking at yesterday and so far I'm liking everything. It's not too big and has a nice space for a possible studio and it's in a good neighbourhood and it comes fully furnished. There wasn't really any flaw in the house so I decided to buy it for the asking price.

The realtor told me about the neighbourhood and nearby restaurants and recreational places I can go to. He also told me that the people living on either side of me was an old retired couple and a guy around my age.

I signed some paperwork and now I'm officially a homeowner. They said that I could move into the house anytime I want and because I didn't really have anything else I needed to do today I rented a moving truck and started getting as much stuff as I could. It wasn't that hard considering I barely had any stuff in the first place but I did have to ask the security staff to lend me a helping hand.

I guess that because of all the commotion I finally woke up the beast. He groggily asked me what the hell was happening and why there were men coming in and out of his house and I told him that I was moving. He seemed surprised because I'm not really the type to have a permanent place to stay because everybody that knows me knows that I don't like being in the same place for too long.

"Why are you staying all of a sudden? You told me you weren't even gonna stay in America for longer than two months," he asked suspiciously and I know that he already has an idea of why I'm suddenly deciding to stay.

"Let's just say that I'm getting a lot of inspiration from somebody that lives here and I haven't been this inspired to make art in a long time and plus I can't stand another day of hearing you have sex so I decided to get my place. And there are some things I haven't been able to do due to you being under the same roof. Well anyways thanks for letting me stay. It was much appreciated and if you for some reason need to visit me then I'll just text you the address."

I turned to wave at him and I could see that he completely understood what and who I meant and let's just say he didn't look that happy.