Chapter 31

Vixen

The time has arrived faster then I had hoped. I barely got an hour of sleep but I know I have to face him.

I can't believe that the last time I ever saw him was the night he killed mom. I've had countless nightmares about that night, only they weren't nightmares, they were memories.

All these years I've been running away from my problems but now I'm only a couple steps away from facing him. The main antagonist of my sleepless nights the one who's been crowding my mind since that very night. The man that I once thought could do no wrong.

I heave a sigh as I get out of my car slower than I usually do. I'm running a bit late since it took a while to convince not only James but the brothers that I had to do this by myself. They all gave me one last hug before I had to go and I would be lying if I said that a specific hug didn't make my heart flutter more than the other.

The sound of the elevator indicating that I've arrived at my floor shook me from thoughts and I finally lifted my head to face him.

He was stood there facing the window outside the early city view. My hands clenched unknowingly as a sudden rush of different emotions flooded me.

"Well hello, dear nice of you to finally grace me with your presence. How has my princess been all these years? I bet you've missed your dad, you were always a daddy's girl."

I flinched at the sudden use of the old nickname he used to call me when I thought that he was the greatest man in the world. I was feeling an abundance of emotions but anger was definitely the most prominent one. I hated how calm and composed he was meanwhile I was seconds away from breaking down right in front of the murderer of my mother.

"Don't you dare call me that ever again, we both know that you lost the title of being my father long ago. Now why are you here and why have you decided to barge into my life again." I was absolutely livid, it was taking all the power in me to maintain a somewhat calm exterior.

"My my, my little girl has certainly grown into a strong woman hasn't she? I always knew you were gonna turn out to be a fantastic woman, unlike your mother."

"How dare you! You have no right to talk about my mother like that."

"Who? that filthy rat of a mother of yours? You know killing her was the best thing that has ever happened to me. After she died, everything fell in line for me, except one thing..... You. I have everything I could need in life, I have money and I have my soon to be wife. The only thing I don't have is my precious daughter. Now the reason I wanted to talk to you is that I want you to be a part of my new family with this wonderful woman I'll be marrying, you can start it off by attending our wedding. It'll be great, she even has a daughter that's around your age, although she is nothing compared to you and is actually quite a brat if you ask me, I just wanted to make one of your wishes come true, didn't you always want a sister. I remember you wishing for one on your 8th birthday and of course, I wanted to give you everything you wanted but the bitch you call mother said that her fallopian tubes we're blocked that whore just didn't want to make you happy didn't she princess?, Mommy was always such a downer on our fun." the way he mimicked my mothers' voice in such a mocking tone enraged me.

How did I ever get blinded by his facade when I was a kid? I do remember asking for a sister but I never knew that my mother was unable to give birth after she had me. I do recall people calling me a miracle baby when I was little but I never understood why.

"I don't know what has gotten in that sick twisted mind of yours that you would think that after what you've done that I would ever even consider going to see you get married to a poor excuse of a woman. You killed my mother right in front of my eyes, then framed it as suicide because you knew that you would be able to get away with it."

"Well, I couldn't have my image being tarnished now could I? Who knew doing business with the Chief of Police would come in handy for me. You see dear, I had a hunch that you were gonna decline but I've made some arrangements so that you'd have no choice but to go." he grabbed the remote that controlled the projector in my room and turned it on. On the screen was James all tied up with another man holding a gun against his head.

"Nooo!!! Let him go, I'll do whatever the hell you want just let him go. James! James! Are you okay? James, can you hear me? Let him go you sick bastard let him go!! James, don't worry I'll get you out of there."

I was on the floor weeping and I looked up at the devil himself and he was just staring at me with no emotion at all.

"Who knew you and that James boy kept in touch. You guys were always really close as kids, I hated it because sometimes you'd spend more time with him than you did with me. Imagine my surprise when I looked for you that night I killed your mother and you weren't there. I looked for you everywhere, do you know how much I suffered when you were gone. I missed you so much, I didn't even get to see you turn into the woman you are now and it's all because of that son of a bitch. He kept you all to himself and hid you from me and I can't have anyone taking my princess away from me. Now I see that you have finally come to your senses we have a plane to catch. I will be getting married and you will be there to witness and be my lovely daughter. Oh how exciting, you'll finally meet your new mother. Surely a much better one than that old hag, I don't even know what I ever saw in that whore. My soon to be wife is definitely an upgrade." I wasn't even listening to what he was saying, I was so emotionally exhausted.

"Now come here we wouldn't want your new mom waiting would we?"

I ignored him I wanted to wake up from this nightmare, all of this wasn't real. I was still sleeping in bed then I'll wake up and James will be right in the next room and everything is still fine. None of this is happening. This isn't real, this is just a nightmare that I'll wake up from any second now.

I was so focused on trying to wake myself up that I barely noticed him lifting me up.

"Oh Vixen you were always trying to find an excuse to get me to carry you around. This is just like when you were still a kid."

I immediately pushed out of his hold and stood up by myself.

"Don't you dare touch me with those filthy hands. I'll go with you willingly but I demand that you let James go."

"Fine, what my princess wants, my princess gets, but just know that one wrong move from you and I'll have James with a gun on his head in no time. Now let's quit the dilly-dallying we have a wedding to prepare for."

________________________________

Adonis

"Yes, sir what could I do for you?"

"Get the private jet ready now."