Chapter 3

Adonis's Brother Marco

Adonis

Once everybody got settled in the dining room my mom served her famous macaroni and cheese and homemade lemonade and sat beside my dad who was at the head of the table.

My mom was beaming from ear to ear probably ecstatic that we're finally having dinner as a whole family after so long.

"So son good to finally have you back was it Paris you were at?" my dad said asking Marco with his mouth full which my mom scolded him for.

"It was Milan dad and it was great, very amazing artistry and the art showcase was a success." Marco said seeming proud of himself.

"How about you Adonis I heard you talking with somebody upstairs, was it anybody important?" my dad said making sure his mouth was clear of any food before asking.

"As a matter of fact yes it was probably the most important call I have received."

"Well who was it son was it your secret lover you have been keeping secret from us?" my mom asks all the sudden getting hopeful while I see my brother trying to hold in his laughter.

"Forgive your mother she's been watching too many of those drama shows on tv but continue."

"Guess who has a meeting with Ms.Queen?" I say enthusiastically.

My father was so suprised he spat the lemonade everywhere while my mom yelled at him.

"Even though it isn't exactly Mr.Queen at least I get to speak to I'm guessing his daughter because the secretary did say Ms.Queen, not Mr or Mrs so it has to be his daughter."

"That's great son maybe if she's around your age you can merge our companies together if you know what I mean." my dad said hinting at me.

"Oh c'mon dad she's probably some spoiled brat who spends her daddy's precious money and the only reason I'm meeting with her is that she wants to meet me because let's face it, what woman wouldn't want to meet me."

"How can you assume so many things about a person you have never even met before." my brother said looking it me with disbelief and quite annoyed.

"I've never met her before but with her dad's status what do you expect her to be, an actually decent woman yah right."

"Let me get this right you wanted to meet with the owner and ceo of Queen Corporation didn't you."Marco says trying to get a point across.

"Yeah but I guess meeting his daughter is good enough." I say still not getting his point.

My brother scoffed at my answer and I look at him quite confused while my parents just watch where our conversation is going.

"Have you ever thought that this Ms.Queen you're meeting is not the owner's daughter but the actual owner."My brother said nonchalantly going back to eating his mac and cheese.

It's now my turn to scoff.

"Yah right that's not possible you really think a random woman can beat me and dad and grandpa?"

"Well Adonis think about it you asked to meet with the owner of Queen Corporation why would he ask his daughter to meet you.It just doesn't make sense."Marco was completely oblivious to how this business worked the most powerful position a woman can hold in this industry is being the owner's wife. I refuse to believe that all these years it has been a woman beating me.

"He's right son no random woman can just rule the business industry like this and I think he sent his daughter to meet with Adonis to keep his identity secret."