Chapter 8

Vixen

"Why don't you come to the party tomorrow." he enthusiastically said as if it was the greatest idea ever.

"I don't know I might be a bother and it's just your close family and friends so I wouldn't belong there."

"Well then that would make the two of us. I barely even fit in myself and you would make it worth being there and I can show you the painting."

Once he said that I could see the painting I seriously thought about it for a second because I was really curious how he portrayed me on a canvas.

"I guess I can keep you company for one more day." I replied after serious consideration.

Marco beamed from ear to ear as if he just heard the greatest news in his life.

"Yes! Thank you so much you don't know how much easier it will be to bear all the business talk.

I quirked my eyebrow at the word business and he looked like he just said something he wasn't supposed to which just added to my curiosity.

"What type of business talk." I can't be too sure if he means the business I'm involved in but anybody can tell that Marco is definitely not struggling financially just off his car and clothes alone but he may just be from a well of family.

"Umm you know just business stuff just like the business stuff everybody talks about you know that boring stuff." he hurriedly said with shaking eyes while scratching the back of his neck."Anyways enough about me how about you, what do you do for a living."

It was my turn to go rigid but I composed myself instantly and tried to answer his question as honestly as possible.

"I just work for some business corporation." I answer him and it's technically not wrong.

"Ohhh interesting what do you do?" he asks curiously, seeming very interested that I'm finally talking about myself.

"Well I kinda tell people what to do and I'm responsible for them."

"Oh, so you're like a manager," he said interested at the topic of me.

"Yeah something like that." it was hard for me to basically lie to him but I liked that he knew me as this normal person he met at an art gallery and not this secretive business mogul.

We spent the next hour with more stories being told and by the end he told me where the party was being held and what type of party it was.

He walked me back to my car and even opened my door for me.

"Thank you." I said while getting in the car. He closed the door shut and was about to walk off but before he could I rolled my windows down.

"Marco I mean it, thank you."

"Oh, c'mon it's not a big deal I'm just glad I got to see you again."

"I really had a great time thanks again." I said ending with a smile which for what felt like forever actually was genuine.
________________________________

I arrived at my private parking lot and headed straight to my office notifying James that I've arrived and to wait in my office.

I ride up the elevator thinking about how good it feels to be normal again to just talk with a friend in a coffee shop and not have to think about the latest business deals or keeping myself hidden from the world.

The elevator door opened up to my office and I put my bag on my desk and hand my coat to James who was patiently waiting beside my desk.

"Soooooo how was the date with Mr.painter." James says enthusiastically already trying to get the details.