Chapter 19

Vixen

"And that's why you should take a vacation," James says immediately cutting off all the sentimental and inspirational things he was just saying.

"Jamesssssss," I whine dragging out his name.

"What? I really think that taking a vacation will clear your mind and plus don't you think that you deserve it after endlessly working yourself for years."

"James we've talked about this, It's not necessary for me to go on a vacation and plus I would just worry about work the entire time."

He was quiet for quite some time and I taught that he finally gave up but knowing James he just can't give up too easily.

"Vixen pleaseeeeeeee can you please just go on a vacation, for me?" James begged while hugging me.

"Why is it such a big deal for you if I go on a vacation or not." My curiosity suddenly peaks at his eagerness to send me away.

"Vixen do you think I like seeing you like this. Do you think that I enjoy seeing you so stressed all the time and having nothing on your mind except work? I just think that you should have time off from everything and just relax in the nice hot sun."

I thought about it for a second. It did seem tempting to just go out for a bit and forget but then I would have to come and face reality anyways so why fool myself into thinking that I can have a break.

"Uh uh uh I know exactly what you're thinking and I want you to stop. You're overthinking again and trying to come up with everything that can possibly go wrong if you leave for a bit. I'm serious Vixen I want you to take a break, you and I both know that I'm capable enough to handle Queen Corp while you're away."

I thought long and hard and I finally came to the decision.

That's why James was currently squeezing the death out of me and squealing like a little girl.

"Oh my god Vixen you're really gonna go? I have to go tell him."

"Tell who?" I ask curiously.

"Oh umm the ........the pilot yeah the pilot I have to go tell him. Don't worry about anything I will schedule everything for you. I want it to be a surprise. I'll tell you when everything is settled." He scurried off to his room skipping like a jolly teenage girl which made me smile.

It made me think of the last time I took a vacation then came to the realization that I've never been to one. Even though I've travelled the world it was not to go sightseeing or relax it was because of business. The closest thing I've gotten to a vacation was when My meeting was delayed in Milan so I took the time to go outside my hotel room and actually enjoyed the city for once.

I was walking around frustrated that I had to stay there for longer than needed so I decided to go outside my hotel and get some fresh air to calm down my frustration.

I didn't really have a plan on where to go but I just followed where my legs led me. After a good hour of just wandering around, I saw a small little building that had its door wide open and outside of it was a sign in Italian that said that there was an art gallery going on with the works of Marco King.

My interest peaked and I entered the building to appreciate some of the artwork. I've heard of Marco King before and have even bought some of his work in the past but what made me go was my interest in art.

I didn't really think much of it and just wandered around. There were a good amount of people in there mostly woman that looked like they had no interest at all by the actual art gallery but instead were surrounding who I assumed was Marco King.