➶ prologue

Prologue

Prologue

Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world; safe, decent, innocent.  Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. 
The name of our town is Riverdale.

[]

•Friday, October 1st•

"The town with pep" I snorted looking out the window with my mother sitting next time me

"The town with pep" I snorted looking out the window with my mother sitting next time me.  I continued to look out my window as she sat typing away on her phone.  "You know, when you decided to move me across the country, I should be allowed to see my cousin, you know"

"You will not see that girl and that's the last time we are discussing this"

I just rolled my eyes and waited for the car to stop at the new house my mother and I would be living in.  My mother is a former resident of the town known as Riverdale. However, whenever I bring up Riverdale; she describes it just like this: 'Riverdale was my once upon a time, and I'm back to find my happy ending' and then she refuses go into any detail.  It gets annoying sometimes. My mother's sister, my aunt, still lives in the town of Riverdale and she has a daughter who is my cousin.  According to my mother, I am not allowed to see her while living here, but then again who am I to ever listen to my mother.

Who am I? You might be asking.

I am Madison Montgomery.  I am from Los Angeles, California and I am sixteen years old.  The entirety of my life has been in California.  That was until my father picked up everything he had and left my mother and I behind.  The man is a douche bag and I hope that he rots away in hell for leaving my mother heartbroken. 

Finally we pulled up to a house that was very warm and welcoming.  The house looked like nearly every other house on the block, but the giant lettering that read:  The Montgomery's, made the house be a little different.  Apparently this is my mother's childhood home.  She lived here with her parents and two siblings.  My mother moved out of Riverdale directly after graduating and went to California with her high school sweetheart a.k.a my father.  Little did she know it wouldn't end well.