➶ chapter forty-one

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

•Saturday April 9th•

After a few hours of sitting in the Whyte Wyrm, it was almost three o'clock in the morning. It may have been the middle of the night, but no one was tired. Everyone was filled with adrenaline. The riots were keeping most people in town busy, but hearing the screams of the purge and breaking of glass was keeping everyone awake. Also, everyone wanted an update about Fangs and did not want to sleep until they had answers. I was fiddling with my nails due to being nervous - it worries me, because this is how I used to act when I sat alone in my bedroom and would just listen to the sound of my parents arguing. I would not make a sound, because I wanted to hear everything they were saying to one another. I could not stop myself from listening. I would just sit quiet and listen and I fiddled my nails.

Periodically, more serpents would come in the Whyte Wyrm. Some of them were in the hospital with Fangs, some were at the high school with Sweet Pea and I, and others were just around town trashing the Northside. Jughead had gotten everybody back into the Whyte Wyrm and he was plotting what our next move should be.

For a few minutes, I was not paying attention to what was happening until I heard Jughead and Sweet Pea arguing. "I can't just sit here..."

Jughead had slammed Sweet Pea into a wall of the Whyte Wyrm. I rushed over to try and get them to stop fighting. I forced myself between the two of them. I held out my arms making sure that the two of them stayed at a distance from one another. "You don't have a choice, Sweet Pea, you're staying put!"

"You said it yourself the Ghoulies are back!"

Jughead sighed. "We will deal with them. As soon as my dad gets back..."

"Jughead, are you not our leader anymore?" I asked

"Oh, no, that's right, you're just the guy who got Fangs shot!" Sweet Pea shouted

"Sweet Pea..." I started to say

I was cut off by Jughead who just whispered, "Watch it."

"And now Fangs might die! And Ghoulies are out for our blood, because of a drag race you started!"