➶chapter nine

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

•Monday October 11th•

In Riverdale, everyone wears a mask, not just the Black Hood.  But every so often, the mask slips and our true selves are laid bare, for all the world to see.  So we scramble to put it back on, like a kid in a cheap Halloween costume, but it's too late.  People have already seen what's underneath... And it's terrifying.

[]

I woke up the next morning to my mother screaming for me to be ready to leave for school in the next few minutes. She offered to take me, but I had my own methods of transportation as of now.  I got dressed in black skinny jeans and a black shirt with a black denim jacket on. The denim jacket had different shades of purple patches sewn onto the jacket. It was rustic and exciting. I like it a lot. I also decided to throw on a black beanie, because my hair was just not cooperating with me.

"Madison darling you need to get some different pants. You can't wear black jeans the rest of your life"

"Of course you'd think that mother. Have a nice day. I'll see you later" I said grabbing a piece of toast and running down the block past my house. At the end of the block was my ride to school.  Sweet Pea.  He handed me a helmet and I said, "you said you had a car"

"Technically no" he said placing his own helmet on first. "You said, 'can you give me a ride to school on Monday' and I so graciously was kind enough to say, 'sure I'll pick you up at 7:30 be ready or deals off"

"Good memory Sweet Pea" I said taking the helmet and putting it on after taking my beanie off and holding it in my hands

I sat behind Sweet Pea and tightly gripped onto his abdomen section, so that I would not fall off as Sweet Pea was driving. His motorcycle was extremely loud, but as long as no one from school saw me getting off of it, then we would be in the clear. He dropped me off by the football field, because there were no parking spots that could fit any cars. I told him it was the perfect spot to drop me off. I gave him his spare helmet back and threw my beanie back on hoping to hide my hair. 

"Sorry to drag you out so early in the morning Sweet Pea"

"All good Montgomery. If you need a ride home too, or tomorrow morning let me know. I'll be around with either Toni, Jughead, or Fangs"

I sighed, "Right Toni"

"What's your problem with Toni all of a sudden?" he asked me

"Nothing just some stuff I found out recently. Toni dropped a giant truth bomb and I still don't know what to do with the information.  But, it's not your problem Sweet Pea. I'll see you later"

I went straight to the lounge hoping to find everyone. They were all comforting Cheryl who looked to be upset. I went and sat down on the table in front of Cheryl to face her. I said to her, "What's wrong Cheryl?"