➶chapter twenty-seven

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

•Friday January 21st•

Toni and Cheryl left early to go back to Toni's trailer and pick up her bike. They rode to school together, while I waited for Sweet Pea to come and get me. He was on his way and I tried to be as quiet as I could, because my mother was sleeping in. After still being awake when Toni, Cheryl, and I got home I practically ordered her to go to sleep and basically not leave her bedroom until she has had enough sleep.

No phone, no work, and no campaigning until she got some sleep.

I met Sweet Pea out front of my house and with a simple kiss we were on our way to school. He parked his bike and we headed inside. "So after school I'm all yours. No politics, no crusades, no interruptions, and especially no war. Sound like a plan"

"Sounds perfect to me" he said pecking my lips just before we reached the entrance to the school. Sweet Pea held my hand within his own and we walked into Riverdale High as if we have been going there all our lives. "All day and all night after school"

For about half the day we parted ways. That was until we came back together for the meeting that Jughead ordered. Once everyone arrived Jughead did not waste anytime. He shut the door and held up a yellow piece of paper. "This isn't a demolition notice. It's a notice of extermination"

Toni rolled her eyes and groaned in annoyance. "We've already said our goodbyes to the Southside, Jughead"

"Today, it's Southside High. Tomorrow, it's the world. Everything that makes the Southside home is gonna disappear"

"I'm with Jughead!" Sweet Pea exclaimed. "The Southside is the only damn home I've ever known. That's true for most of us"

Jughead slammed his fist against the table and pointed over at sweet Pea. "If we roll over now, it's all over!"

"It's just a building, Jug" Toni said remaining calm

"No! Toni, it's the soul of the Southside. The Uktena fought and died trying to protect that land our--" Jughead began, but I cut him off

I cut him off by saying, "No offense Jug, but you only found out about the Uktena tribe like two months ago. Why are you such a disciple of them all of a sudden?"

"Fine, forget the Uktena" Jughead sighed obviously wanting to keep the memory of the Uktena alive. "Our parents fought to keep it safe during the riots. Now it's our turn. It's our time" Now Jughead was getting very loud and very inspirational at this point. I noticed Sweet Pea raise his head and become more interested after Jughead mentioned the riots. I have no idea what the riots are, but it seemed to grab the attentions of some of the serpents. "This is our fight! So who's with me?" he said getting more quiet and more serious. "Who's ready to go to war?"

Some of the serpents were talking among themselves. All of the female serpents, along with Toni and I left the classroom when all of the guys started talking among themselves about this so called war that they were ready to start. It was best to just get some lunch before all the cafeteria food was gone for the day. Sweet Pea was in an intense conversation with Jughead before I left, so I just figured I would see him later.