➶chapter twenty-six

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

•Thursday January 20th•

After school Toni had texted me to meet her in the gymnasium. I ended up ditching my plans with Sweet Pea to go and see what she wanted. Toni was upset with herself that she could not make it to the barging in of my house, so she checked on me practically every five minutes during school with endless amounts of phone calls and texts.

I have seen a lot of things coming in my days at Riverdale High, but when I walked in the gym I saw something that I was in no way expecting.

I saw my cousin, Toni Topaz, the badass biker gang chick dancing to a cheer routine wearing a River Vixens practice cheer uniform. I had seen Cheryl, Betty, Veronica and the other vixens walking around the school in their practice uniforms preparing their routines at all hours during school. However, I had never ever expected Toni to be wearing one and dancing to the song chosen by Cheryl.

Once Toni had finished Cheryl and the rest of the squad starting clapping. "Practice is over, Vixens. Inner circle Vixens, hang back. You know who you are" Veronica pulled Betty in towards the circle, while at the same time Toni was pulling me. "In honor of Toni joining our squad, I think we should celebrate...with a mandatory slumber party at Thistle House"

Internally I groaned to myself. "It'll be fun!" Veronica cheered as we all started to go our different ways.

Toni and I started heading back in the direction of my house. She was going to see how my mother was doing and then head back through my backyard to Sunnyside Trailer Park to get ready for Cheryl's slumber party. I am not the slumber party kind of person. Braiding hair, sharing secrets, and eating ice cream together was not how I anticipated spending my night, but I guess since Cheryl and Toni were friends now it was the least I could do for her seeing as she was my cousin.

[]

"Hey mother, Toni and I came to check on you"

"In the kitchen" we heard her call out

Toni and I went into the kitchen and saw my mother standing by our island counter with Fred Andrews. They were looking through a lot of papers together. "Whoa, easy on the paper there. People will think the two of you enjoy murdering trees"

"Very funny Madison. Fred and I were looking through some of these construction plans that could set our plans for the Southside into motion if I am elected. Plus we have a lot of campaigning to do. How was school?"

I looked down at some of the speeches my mother was writing. "Same old....Veronica got a milkshake poured on her head, then she punched Reggie in the face, Jughead is going on a hunger strike to protest Southside High's closing down"

"Well if you girls aren't busy I am craving some of Pop Tate's onion rings right about now"

"Say no more mom we're on it" I told her as Toni and I grabbed our things to head out to Pop's diner