➶chapter forty-two

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

•Monday April 18th•

Everyone was finally going back to school today. Riverdale High was able to reopen their doors once again.  It felt strange being in school again, because the last time I was here I made a choice. I made the choice to fully betray the Northsiders. I still do not regret that decision. The damages to the school were still very noticeable. Most of the trophy cases still did not have glass on them and most of the dents in the lockers were still there. Jughead immediately called for Sweet Pea, Toni, and I to meet him in the Swords and Serpents classroom.

Business as usual. 

A swords and Serpents meeting like we did all the time before the riots.

Jughead was discharged from the hospital and he was still able to be leader of the serpents. 

It still felt strange being in the Swords and Serpents classroom without Fangs being here. FP had finally come clean about the fact that Fangs was not actually dead and that he was recovering from the gun shot wound.

Jughead handed us a piece of paper and we all started to read it.  "So this is how it ends, huh? Not with a whimper, but with a memo from Weatherbee"

"Riverdale High is now suddenly overcrowded" Toni read from the paper out loud.  "So, starting next week, all former Southside High students will be bussed to Seaside High" she groaned in annoyance.  "Which is two hours away"

I sighed and got nervous.  I did not want to lose my cousin and Sweet Pea and of course the rest of the serpents as well.  Riot night was a bad night all around, but it is not all on the serpents; however, that is still all that Principal Weatherbee is able to see. He believes that bussing everyone away is going to help Riverdale.

"Meaning, he blames us for trashing the school on riot night" Sweet Pea said

"Well, to be fair, Sweet Pea, you did" I said, knowing full well that I sided with the serpents that night and I did not regret that choice for a second

Sweet pea sighed and leaned over the desk in front of him.  He scrunched his face feeling the pain of the bruises on his face and looked to Jughead for help.  "What's our play, Jones? Do we have one?"

"I don't know anymore guys.  I can't keep fighting for a gang that doesn't exist anymore" Jughead said sounding defeated

A lot of the serpents had left town after the riots and others just went into hiding.  When we all lost against the Ghoulies at dawn the morning after the riots - the departure of so many serpents happened all at once.

Also the fact that Jughead is willing*

"Well we're still here Jughead.  What about all of us - we still exist" I asked