➶ chapter two

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

•Tuesday October 5th•

The next day at lunch Betty and Veronica and I were all sitting together in the lounge that the school had. I was finally formally introduced to Josie and the pussycats and realized that their cat ears actually made sense when I heard their reasoning for wearing them. The three girls were in a singing group and cats were their brand. It was unique; I liked that.

Josie was able to catch on quickly that my favorite colors were purple and black. She said that she saw me yesterday and noticed the coloring was the same as today. Her observation skills were not as good as mine, but I was impressed she was the first to say something about my appearance; considering it is so different from anyone else at this school.

For my outfit today I obviously had black skinny jeans, but one leg was black and the other leg was a dark plum like colored purple. I had on a simple black tank top and I wore a black and white bomber jacket over the tank top.

I knew I was going to need help getting to the south side, because the black hood was still on the loose. While I was not particularly scared - I still wanted to make it home alive. I needed someone who could lie through their teeth and someone with blood like ice.

"I'll be right back" I said heading out into the hallway when I saw the bombshell herself walk past the lounge doors. "Hey! Cherry Bombshell I need to talk to you"

"What do you want urchin?" she snapped whipping her hair around viciously. "Also who even are you?"

"Montgomery...." I said remembering that Cheryl is one of the descendants of the founding families. "Madison Montgomery. Now I need you to help me sneak into Sunnyside Trailer Park"

"Why in the name of all things maple would I go anywhere near those trailer trash southsiders"

She is good. She was quick with the one liners, but little did she know I was better. "Forget it Cherry, guess you don't want to rule over all of Riverdale" I snapped as I started to walk towards the exit of the school. If I was going to do this I was going to do it now. I did not want to waste anymore time.

Skipping a few last period classes would not kill me a few days into school.

[]

I made it to the nearest bus stop and was waiting to be taken to the south side. This town really wanted to keep the two separated. With what everyone has been saying the north side of Riverdale was where everyone was happy and the sun was always shining. The south side was where all the drug dealers and gangs were associated. Whether the sun was able to shine on the south side of town was still a mystery. But then again I like mysteries.

Just as the bus was approaching I heard...."If you wanna go to the south side you can't go on the bus." The voice was none other than Cheryl Blossom