➶chapter fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

•Tuesday November 2nd•

Cheryl and I were getting ready to walk to school when my mother stopped me before we could leave the house. "Cheryl you look lovely today" was all she said

"Thank you Ms. Montgomery" she said as her red lipstick was bright as could be against her insanely white teeth. "I'm going to start walking, but Madison I'll meet up with you later" Cheryl said leaving the house

"Mother, this whole silent treatment thing is really starting to get on my nerves"

"You insult a friend of mine in my own house. Madison, you, of all people should understand that people in this town are not all that they appear to be"

I rolled my eyes firmly at her. "Are you talking about Toni right now?"

"Since she is going to your school I can't force you not to see her" my mother said basically biting her own tongue as she was talking. "But listen to me very....carefully Madison Montgomery....I do not want you associating yourself with the other Southside Serpents"

I softly smiled with a small bit of deviance involved. "So you're saying...."

"I'm saying you can see Toni on a casual occasion"

I instantly smiled larger and threw my arms around my mother. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squealed as I grabbed my bag and ran out the front door

[]

I practically ran to school. My black skinny jeans did not do well when it came to running, because I could not make long strides in these kind of pants. I ran straight into the lounge knowing Toni would be in there because our first period does not start for another twenty minutes. She was standing there talking to Sweet Pea who was sitting on the edge of a chair, so that he was not towering over Toni.

"Guess what!" I exclaimed practically body slamming her into Sweet Pea who were having a conversation together. I quieted down when I looked over and saw Reggie sitting on the couch looking at me. I sent him a simple flip of my middle finger and then turned back over to Toni and Sweet Pea. "My sicko of a mother has officially let me hang out with you now that we go to the same school"

"Just like that?" Toni asked

I rolled my eyes and knew it was not just like that. "That woman always has a personal affliction in mind. So I propose a small family reunion. Me, you, and my mother at my house we'll have dinner and hopefully the two of us together could get some answers out of my mother"

"You have a good mind Montgomery" Toni said as we high fived and giggled at our ludacris plan

"There's no way the two of you are related. You're meant to fall in love and get married" Sweet Pea said