➶chapter nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

•Wednesday November 17th•

I headed to school super early today. Cheryl was sleeping in her own house again for a little while in order to be with her Nana.  I dropped flyers for people to find everywhere in the classrooms and in the hallways to try and find General Pickens head.  Someone in this town had it and someone in this town was the one who cut it off the statue. I was going to figure out who it was; whether anyone helped me or not. I may not be a serpent [yet] but I am not going to let all of them lose their homes. No one was leaving Sunnyside Trailer Park if I had anything to do with it.

Jughead texted me to meet him in a classroom in ten minutes. It was a classroom in the north wing of the school. The north wing of the school was used purely for school clubs and other activities that did not involved a varsity jacket or a cheer uniform. When I walked in Jughead was leaning up against the teachers desk eating food.  Sweet Pea, Toni, Fangs, and a bunch of the other serpents were standing and sitting at the desks in the classroom. 

"What's going on here?" I asked going to stand by Sweet Pea. I stood in front of him and had my arms at my sides and he put his arms over mine and his chin on top of my head

"Welcome to the inaugural meeting of the Swords and Serpents Club."

"Which is what, exactly?" Toni asked

"Like I told Fogarty to lure him back to dear ol' Riverdale" Jughead said.  Fangs had been suspended from school for a while, because he refused to wear the issued uniforms for the southsiders. I finally got Mr. Weatherbee to disregard the uniforms considering the northsiders did not need to wear them. Once I pulled the discrimination card he allowed them to wear what they wanted.  Just as long as it had nothing saying serpents on it. "We are a gaming group. Sanctioned by Mr. Weatherbee, himself"

I instantly scoffed. "You're insane Jughead"

Sweet Pea snickered a laugh because I felt his chin move on top of my head.  "What's the point of this?"

"A place where like-minded students can meet and concoct world-building, role-playing scenarios, inhabiting fantastical heroes and dispatching mythological creatures." Toni and I scoffed trying to hold in our laughter. "No, but really? It's a club, for us. A safe haven where we can be Serpents, during school hours and under everyone's noses."

I looked up and noticed Sweet Pea got a lot more interested. He was interested in being able to be a serpent forever. "We're not shedding our skins." Sweet Pea whispered

Jughead smiled and then finished his little speech off by saying,  "We're lying low, in the tall grass."

Sweet Pea and I were walking in the hallways together.  We ended up running right into the asshole of Riverdale High, Reggie Mantle, who looked extremely pissed off. We attempted to walk right past him, but he stopped me in my tracks.  "Well if it isn't the soon to be serpent"