➳chapter forty-four

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

It's the calm before the storm. The summer before your junior year in high school. And how do you spend it? Working some brutal summer jobs that actually makes you look forward to going back to school. Or maybe you have an internship that doesn't pay much, but... That's okay, because it's for a good cause. Or maybe you spent it at Sweetwater Swimming Hole. You ... And the best friends you'll ever have. Or maybe you spent most of June-July-August in a courtroom, Supporting our pal, Archie Andrews, who was on trial for a murder he didn't commit, despite the DA's closing arguments.

[]

Then there is Madison Montgomery, her storm has been brewing the entirety of the summer. She has finally returned to Riverdale after a long absence this summer. She has changed in more than just appearance, she has now a better appreciation of Riverdale and the rules of the society. Her return is the spiral of twisted secrets that becomes unleashed.

[ ]

•Wednesday August 31st•

Going to and from the courthouse, that is what all of my friends in Riverdale have been doing over the summer. The summer before my junior year of high school was not spent in Riverdale the way I had intended it to be spent. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever imagined that I would have run away from Sweet Pea and all my other friends in Riverdale. That all changed last month of school. After Archie Andrews was placed under arrest for a murder he did not commit. After Archie was out of his way, Hiram Lodge, began coming after me. I challenged his ambitions and his stomach for bloodlust. He told me that I would regret it and we all know, I do not regret a single thing in my life.

"Riverdale!" the bus driver shouted waking me from my sleep. I adjusted the hood of my sweat jacket, so that the entirety of my head was covered. I did not want anyone seeing me just yet. "Let's go kid! I got places to me" he said rushing me off the bus

I just took my sweet time walking towards the front. "I'm not a kid," I whispered as I walked off the bus

The bus stop faced Fox Forest.

I started walking through Fox Forest in order to get to my house in the fastest route possible -
which led to my backyard. I wanted to get to my house as fast as possible, and just hug my mother. I have not seen her since school ended and now we are about a week away from school starting again. I also wanted to see Sweet Pea and the rest of my friends again as soon as possible.

As I was walking, I took in the surroundings near me and was happy to be in Riverdale again. I missed Riverdale and all of its twisted acquisitions that lurk in the shadows; however, I did not miss the maniac that forced me out of Riverdale in the first place.