➶chapter twenty-nine

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

•Saturday January 29th

Toni had slept over my house that night, because in the morning we were going to head over to Thistlehouse and talk to Cheryl's mother.  Talk in my mind meant interrogate. We had woken up pretty early in the morning and got ready for the day ahead of us. 

I threw on a pair of black jeans and a black t-shirt that had pre cut holes in them throughout the shirt.  I did not want to put on my serpent jacket, because it was excessively large on me since it belonged to Tall Boy who got stripped of his jacket.  So instead I put on a regular girl sized dark purple leather jacket.  Toni wore her signature black fishnet tights with a red and black plaid skirt. She put on a black lace shirt and her serpent jacket on over that.

My phone had been ringing all morning with calls from Sweet Pea. I was not in the mood to answer him, or even talk to him, so I just let the phone keep ringing.  Throwing my phone onto my bed. 

"Why are you avoiding Sweet Pea?" Toni asked fixing her hair in my mirror 

"I'm-- I'm not avoiding him. I'm just merely keeping my distance while we figure out all this stuff with Cheryl"

Toni just rolled her eyes at me. "I appreciate you helping me to help Cheryl, but I know you're avoiding Sweet Pea, so quit lying to yourself and to me" she blurted out leaving my bedroom

I reluctantly followed her downstairs and pulled my front door open.  Sweet Pea was standing in front of my door and I jumped back from being scared not expecting him to be standing there just simply standing there with his hands in his jacket pockets.  "Why are you avoiding me? I've been calling you since school ended yesterday"

"I'm not avoiding you, Sweet Pea. I'm just helping Toni with something right now"

"Look Madison, I get that what I said hit a nerve. Just trust me when I tell you that you are a part of my life, a part of Toni's life, and a part of Jughead's life. We put our trust and faith in you, because you constantly fight for the serpents. I want you in my life!"

I tugged on his jacket to pull him into the living room. We sat on the couch and I took his hands in mine.  "Sweet Pea. I promise that I'm not mad about what you said anymore. I just need some time right now, okay?"

"Madi, you ready to go?!" Toni shouted finding Sweet Pea and I in the living room. "Am I interrupting something?"

I looked over at Sweet Pea, so that he would answer.  "No Topaz, we're all good here"

[]

Toni and I ended up riding over to Thistlehouse to talk to Penelope Blossom.  We also got Josie to meet us there, because she was one of Cheryl's good friends and wanted to help. When we knocked on the door she was reluctant to let us in, because Toni had been there twice in the past week asking for Cheryl. However, using my powers of persuasion and an underlying hint of threatening she let us in.