➳chapter forty-five

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

•Thursday September 1st•

Sweet Pea and I arrived fashionably late to Cheryl's party at Thornhill. The charred old mansion that Cheryl used to call her home was nearly falling to the ground. One rock thrown too far to the right and the entire roof would collapse. However, that did not stop a bunch of teenagers, like us, from partying on its grounds.

Everyone was off doing their own thing partying the entire day away. School was approaching fast and no one wanted to think about that. Textbooks, homework assignments, tests, and grades were the furthest thing from all of our minds. Especially considering that we had the SATs to do this year. Studying was the last thing on my mind. I found the resident power couple sitting on their thrones watching over the entire party. Toni Topaz and Cheryl Blossom.

"Antoinette Topaz. I'm sorry for stealing your hairstyle" I said, hugging Toni after not seeing her for three months. Toni and I spent six or seven years apart from one another, and after I moved to Riverdale we had seen each other every day. "It's good to see you looking so happy"

"I'm glad you and Sweet Pea are reunited also."

I saw Archie Andrews tossing a football around with Reggie Mantle. I wanted to try and be there for Archie more than I was this summer. For these last three months, I had not spoken to most of my friends in that entire span of time. I basically went off the grid. Everyday that I was away I felt like a horrible friend, but these were dark times and I could not let them be involved.

I went over and intercepted the ball as Reggie threw it to Archie. "I hear you're trying to put all your affairs in order. Why the hell are you doing that? Archie, I swear you are not going anywhere. You're the white knight of Riverdale, okay? We need you here"

"I'm just telling Reggie that if I do go away he needs to work with you and Jughead"

"And do what?" Reggie asked

"Keep the peace between the Serpents and the Bulldogs. No more circles red, dark, or otherwise"

"Done. That bloody chapter is over" Reggie said, "Sick tat, by the way"

We were all talking and catching up with one another. Archie was telling us all about his new Serpent tattoo. Sweet Pea had gone off with some of the other serpents, doing God only knows what. If they were doing more recon with the Ghoulies then this was definitely going to end badly.

I was talking more with Jughead and lying to him about my trip back to California. It seemed like he was interrogating me, but I had a long bus ride both to and from Toledo in order to get my stories aligned. I knew how to be a liar. I was pretty damn good at it too, but lying to the people I love was eating away at me.

As he was interrogating me Fangs came over to us. "Jughead!" he exclaimed as he was panting from running so fast. "It's the Ghoulies, Jughead. Those bastards have Hot Dog!"