Chapter 8

Crow's POV~

   The first thing I saw when I woke up was Jonathan's chest. He had his arms wrapped around me, it made me feel safe. "I see you're awake now." I tilted my head up to see Jonathan's face. He ran his hand through my hair. "Would you like some tea?" I smiled in response. "I'll take that as a yes," he replied with a deep chuckle.

    Jonathan gave me a quick kiss on the lips and got up. He left the room and shut the door, leaving me laying on the bed still. Might as well change. I got up and went to our walk in closet. He had clothes for me. The Riddler's henchmen must have gone shoplifting. I found a pair of black jeans, combat boots, and a skull and crossbones blouse with holes at the shoulders.

    I slipped off my shorts and began putting on the pants. I took off my tank top and looked in the mirror.

    *Flashback* I looked in the mirror. I smiled. It's working! I'm turning thin! I'm not too fat anymore. "Dinner!" My brother Jake yelled.

"Comin'!" I pulled down my shirt and ran out of my room. My dad was holding a beer and brother put away his lighter. "Hi daddy.." I said shyly.

      He pointed at me then at the chair. I scurried to the chair and sat down. "Eat." I nodded and started to eat the soup. He watched me closely. Jake stared off into space. "Stop. You're already fat enough as it is." My dad took the bowl and started  eating. I looked at my stomach, I had a little gut. He's right.

      "I need entertainment." Jake and me looked at each other. Who was he going to choose this time? "Jackie come here." I gulped. I slowly walked over to him. "Lift your shirt so I can see your stomach." I hesitated for a moment. "Jackie Cecelia Stevenson I said lift up your shirt!" I nodded and lifted it up. He grabbed a knife and I shut my eyes. No more pain..Please no more..

     I felt a quick swipe across my rib. I felt a warm liquid running down my stomach and pain emerged. I fell on the ground crying. "Get up!" My dad yelled. I cried harder.
*End of Flashback*

    I ran my finger across the scar on my ribs. In the corner of my eye in the mirror, I saw Jonathan. I turned around and he looked down. "How long have you been there?"

"Not long. I just came in the room and saw you touch your scar you have," He said looking at it. I blushed. I'm only wearing a bra and pants.

"Did you see anything else?"

He looked at my face then to my chest. "Uh.."
I blushed more. I grabbed my blouse and put it on. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Jonathan's cheeks turned red. "I got us tea,"!said setting down a tray.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." I sat down and grabbed a cup. He grabbed his cup and sat next to me. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you get that scar?" I took a sip of the tea.

    "My dad did it. I was 12, he always wanted entertainment. He would choose me or my brother and hurt us. I remember it clearly, he had taken my food after calling me fat. Then he told me to lift up my shirt and I closed my eyes when I saw him grab a knife." Jonathan looked shocked.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"Thanks." He nodded.

     He stayed silent as he drank his tea. "I don't need to do that experiment." Jonathan stated.

    "Is that your excuse?"

   "No. It's the truth, I already know the result."

    He better not be lying. "Ok." He got up.