Chapter 13

Sorry i havent been updating this story, writer's block. Thanks for all the votes and awesome comments! ~Jinxx Horror

Crow's POV~ Jonathan drove us back to Eddie's hideout. My heart ached for no apparent reason. I shrugged it off and walked inside with Jonathan holding my waist. "The asylum is more..secured you might say. In the time being, I planned a very great revenge for you," My eyebrows furrowed.

"For me?" I questioned. 

He nodded and turned me around to face him. "He hurt you, Jackie. Why would i let him get away with that?"

     "Because it's not worth it," I replied.

  "My little Crow, you are worth far more than screams, more than money, more than life itself. I would risk it all for you," he replied. My cheeks turned a bit pink. Jonathan smiled and leaned in. His lips brushed against mine sending shivers down my spine. Bang! Bang! We broke apart and stared at the door.

  "Hatter here!!" A voice piped. I chuckled and opened the door. Jervis stood there with a very large box in his hands. "May I come in?!" He asked excitedly.

"You may," I answered. Jervis gave us a big grin and ran in onto the couch.

"I have a present for you to," He said pointing to the box gripped tightly in his hand. Jonathan gave him a surprised look then looked at me as if I knew why he had a present. I shrugged.

    "You didn't really have to give us a present Jervis, I-" 

"Hush Dorothy. Open the box lovebirdies," He said having us sit next to eachother. Jervis put the box down on Jonathan and I's lap.

"Erm..Jer-" Jonathan started.

"C'mon open it I can't wait to see what you think of it!" I smiled at Jonathan and nudged his elbow. He shot me a look then smirked.

"Ok," Jonathan said. We both undid the blood red ribbon then pulled off the lid of the brown box. Neatly arranged were various tea bags, all different flavors. I smiled at Jervis.

"That's not all, take out all the bags," Jervis instructed. Jonathan and I carefully put the tea bags on the couch one by one.

   My jaw dropped in shock. Jervis IS mad. Jonathan started messing with hands looking down, trying not to make eye contact with me. 2 baby books. 1 book about different types of "fun" (if you even call that fun) stuff you can do when.....erm........you know what you get what I mean. "Do you like it?!" Jervis asked excitedly.

I laughed nervously. 'Um..." What do I even say? Jonathan cleared his throat.

"It's very...helpful of you Tetch. Is there some sort of..message you're trying to tell us?" Jonathan asked.

"Why yes of course! You 2 birdies are perfect for eachother so we think since you 2 already love eachother dearly, the plan would be easier if we had you and Crow do it."

"We?" I asked in confusion.

    "The whole gang. We needed a way to attack the people of Gotham right under the governments noses. We've all talked about the need of confusion to be made amongst the law enforcement thingies. SO we made a BRILLIANT plan. A couple would pretend to be sane ya know, living a normal life, having a good job...reproduce...then the couple could secretly kill or torture people. The police thinks its us when it isnt, the couple hides evidence and convinces the police it ain't them. In the end the cops will be busy looking for the 'real' threat while we rule this place!" Jonathan nodded thinking about what Jervis just said.

"What if the police don't believe the couple? If the couple has children, wouldn't that also put the children in danger as well?"

     Jervis stayed silent for a moment. Jonathan finally looked up at me looking nervous. I held his hand and realized his palm was sweaty. "Well...the girls thought they could take the kids and take care of them so they won't be in danger," Jervis answered.

"Oh.." that was all I could manage to say.

" So they all thought Crow and I would be the couple for the plan?.." Jonathan asked. Jervis nodded with a grin.

"We'll discuss this later and tell everyone our answer at the next meeting," I stated making Jonathan look taken aback.

"Alrighty! I'll go tell them, I will see you 2 birdies later!" Jervis said hugging us both. I chuckled once again.

"Thank you for the present," Jonathan said. Jervis nodded then left. Jonathan cleared his throat and paused to look at me for a moment. "Jackie, I don't want you to feel forced to do this. I will understand if you don't want to marry me, or if you don't want to have children with me." he said quietly.

      "I'll understand if you don't want to do this either," I replied.

    "Why wouldn't I?.." Jonathan said, his sharp blue eyes met with my dark eyes.

    "I'm not perfect."

     "You are the closest to perfect then any other woman, I don't need perfect..I need you," he replied. With that Jonathan kissed my forehead and got off the couch. I heard our bedroom door open, close, then be locked. He must be thinking about the plan...or did I make him upset somehow?

     I sighed and went to the basement. I need to make an experiment. My mind formed different equations and ideas of so many things. Thinking carefully, I found a jar of blood, don't know if its animal or human. It doesn't matter. I grabbed a pen and paper then some fear toxins. Just one more thing...I grabbed an empty jar then put on a pair of goggles. Let's get to work.

Jonathan's POV~

   I paced back and forth reading the little speech over and over. My palms are sweaty, I look like a mess. Deep breaths, deep breaths. Hehe, nervous aren't ya? Scarecow said. I groaned. I put the delicate box in my pocket and went out the door. Now where is my little Crow? I looked in the bathroom and kitchen. I heard a thump underneath me. Of course. I paused before opening the basement door. Stay. Calm. I proceeded into the basement and saw Jackie hunched over my desk taking notes. I noticed her clothes had blood on them, the floor also had splots of blood. A wave of panic hit me.

   "Jackie are you okay?!" I asked running to her side. She looked up at me with her big round eyes. Jackie's partially visible breasts had blood smothered on them, her neck was covered in blood, and splots of blood were on her face and shirt.

     "I'm fine, Jonathan. One of the toxin jars knocked this jar over on me and now..I'm red," I smiled at her clumsiness.

    "I wanted to tell you something," I said carefully.

    "What is it?"

I paused, becoming shaky, "Jackie, the first day I saw you I thought I was dreaming. I had never seen such a beautiful, delicate woman be a criminal. You didn't show any sign of fear when we spoke or when we were near eachother. I always thought a monster like me would never be loved, my past hinted it. My only love was for fear, that was a mistake. Love is for people. You are a brilliant, kind, strong, and talented woman. I love you more than a thousand screams....Will you do me the honor of being my wife?" I opened the box and got down on one knee. Jackie's jaw dropped. "This isn't because of the plan..this was my own plan. It's the best plan I've ever made," I said with a nervous smile.

     " Jonathan.....yes!" She jumped up and hugged me tightly. I grinned and slid on the ring. It was perfect for her. The ring was black and silver with wavy swirls weaved loosely together with a black rose shaped diamond. I leaned in and gave her a soft kiss on the lips, getting blood on me. Oh well.

"I love you, Jackie,"

"I love you too,Jonathan."