Happily Ever After

For Julie

She been been working non stop for the last 8 nights, 2 more to go and she's literally on fumes, not even the coffee is working anymore! Not that she's complaining, the pay and the benefits are good and there is nothing much to do but take care of the slumbering convalescent. Her shift started early today she grabs a cup off coffee and enjoys it's sweet flavor as she gets ready for her shift, dinner has been served and nightly meds have been dispensed. Visiting hours are almost over and final rounds will begin. She makes a cup of tea and takes it with her to her first visit of the night.

Mrs. Bryant is a sweet old lady with an impeccable memory for the past, the present however, not so much. Her room is a tribute to an era gone by decades ago. There are pictures through out of Mrs. Bryant at different times in her life, in some her skin Is smooth like porcelain, hazel eyes clear as day, she was quite beautiful in her youth. In another she is holding a baby girl with beautiful blue eyes on her lap, while a little boy with hazel eyes sits are her side. In another she sits on the grass somewhere with two little boys, a blue eyed cutie and mischievous looking hazel eyed boy with a sweet smile. Her hair is streaked with gray her porcelain skin dulled and lined with age . Her favorite is a portrait of Mrs. Bryant, she's probably in her mid twenties she wearing an elegant dress or top not sure which, her long brown hair is pulled back in an elegant bun she looks like a Hollywood startlet of decades ago.

Julie:"Good evening Mrs. Bryant I brought you some tea" Mrs.B:"My Jewel of the Nile, thank you deary you spoil me so" J:"It's my pleasure Mrs. Bryant" Julie helps her sit up and gives her the tea Mrs.B:"We mustn't wake up my grandson he's tired" She smiles sweetly and points to the man asleep in the chair next to her bed. He's young and very attractive, she dares not stare for too long. J:"Sorry Mrs. Bryant didn't see him there, I'll try to be more quiet" visiting hours will be over soon but she decides to let him sleep a little longer. She goes about her business while Mrs. Bryant sips her tea.

His phone goes off waking him up he takes a deep breath, Him:".....No I'm still with grandma........mmhm.........tired that's all it's been a long day.....she's been asking for you.....yeah I did Jared...... I will bye" to Mrs. Bryant "Hey Gram how long was I out? Mrs.B:"You missed supper Charlie" Him:"Gram, I'm Shannon, uncle Charlie had to work today remember?" She looks at him confused then smiles Mrs.B:"Of course you're Shannon, I want you to meet someone, this is Julie isn't she pretty? My Shannon needs a girlfriend" Julie blushes and giggles S:"GRAM!!!!...." to Julie "I'm so sorry about that, it's nice to meet you" he shakes her hand, she looks into the most seductive pair of hazel eyes she's ever seen. He's beautiful....... S:"Miss, ..... Julie?" J:"It's ok She's a sweetheart.....it's nice to meet you too" he turns to his grandma and whispers S:"You're right Gram she is pretty" Julie blushes, to Shannon J:"Can I have my hand back" he looks back at Julie S:"I'm sorry" and he lingers on the release. Mrs.B:"How sweet, now I just need to find my Jared a girlfriend" S:"Gram, he already has a girlfriend, remember Nina? She took care of you when you were staying with mom" she looks at him confused but soon remembers Mrs.B:"She used to make me creme brûlée" she smiles big S:"Yes Gram, that's Nina." J:"I have to go now but I'll be back to check up on you later ok Mrs. Bryant" to Shannon "It's was nice meeting you" S:"Yeah you too, I'll walk you out " she thought he'd leave her at the door but continued walking with her

S:"Thank you for looking after her" J:"Its my pleasure, I love our daily talks" S:"Oh God she hasn't said anything embarrassing has she?" J:"No, not at all" even if she did she'd never tell. S:"Haven't seen you here before are you new?" J:"No, I actually work the day shift I'm helping cover for another nurse whose on maternity leave." S:"Will you be here tomorrow?" J:"I have two more days left" S:"Sweet, then I guess I'll see you tomorrow" J:"Yeah, see you tomorrow" he heads back to his grandma's room and Julie goes about her work with Shannon still on her mind. He says his good byes to his grandma and stops at the nurses station before going home with a smile on his face and a happy heart.

The sun is beginning to rise and her shift is almost over she sees her last resident of the night, clocks out and heads for home. Just two more days, I wonder if I'll see him again tonight. He probably has a girlfriend anyway why wouldn't he, he's gorgeous!!! She starts her walk to the train station when she hears a voice behind her, Him:"Excuse me Miss, I think you forgot something" it can't be she turns around and finds him standing there holding two cups of coffee J:"Shannon? What are you doing here?" S:"Truth?.... I wanted to see you again. I brought coffee" She takes the coffee from him J:"Really?.......you did?" S:"Yeah, haven't stop thinking about you all night" she blushes.....is he really here? Is this really happening? J:"Thanks for the coffee. I.....don't know what to say" S:"Don't say anything just walk with me, where you headed" J:"The train station" S:"It can wait! Come with me" he extends his hand and she takes it. They walk hand in hand and end up at a bluff over looking the pacific ocean, just in time to watch the sunrise. He stands behind her and shields her from the cold morning breeze, he moves her hair aside and caresses her cheek and shoulder. Her breath hitches as his lips dance on her neck she leans against him and moans his name J:"Shannon" she starts to pull away S:"I'm sorry am I going to fast?" She turns to face him and gently caresses his face as she looks deep into his beautiful hazel eyes J:"No, not at all" she gently brings his lips to hers. In his eyes she found love, she feels safe with him.

She still feels his lips on hers, the ocean breeze on her skin, the feel of his body pressed up against hers. A single tear leaves her eyes Nina" ah ah uh ....... No crying you'll ruin your make up", Him"You ready baby girl?" J:"Yes daddy!" He lowers her veil over her face and Nina gives her, her bouquet N:"You look so beautiful, you're going to take his breath away" J:"Thank you Nina" N:"You're welcome sweet Jewel" she picks up her bouquet and leads the way. She fixes Julie's train and veil and takes her place, the glass doors open and she begins her decent down the isle. She pauses at the alter and smiles sweetly at Jared and takes her place. Baby JJ sits on grandma Constance lap and reaches his little arms to his mom at the sight of her. D:"It's time baby" he lifts her veil and kisses her cheek one last time before he gives her away. The music changes and they begin their walk down the isle. Their closest friends and family are all there to celebrate this beautiful day with them but all she can see is Shannon, he looks so handsome in his tux, and she still can't believe she's marrying him at the same spot where they shared their first kiss. Shannon looks at his bride to be and his heart swells, she's so beautiful. The officiant gives a beautiful service......"Do you Julie take Shannon to be your lawfully wedded husband?" J:"I do" O:"Do you Shannon take Julie to be your lawfully wedded wife?" S:"I do" O:"Then by the power vested in me and the state of Washington I now pronounce you husband and wife, Shannon you may kiss your bride" Shannon lifts her veil and places his hand under her chin "My beautiful wife" and kisses her lips.

O:"It is my honor and my privilege to introduce to you Mr and Mrs Shannon Leto. The happy couple walked up the isle under a shower of rose petals. Jared joins Nina, "I love you Mrs. Leto" N:"And I love you Mr. Leto" he kisses his wife, JJ tugs at Jared's leg J:"Hey little man, let go say congratulations to uncle Shannon and auntie Julie. They walk over to the newly weds J:"Congratulations Shann I'm so happy for you" S:"Thank you little bro" they hug each other tightly S:"I love you man" J:"I love you too" to Julie "Welcome to the family sis, take care of him" Julie:"Thank you Jared, I will" Nina hands JJ to Jared N:"I'm so happy for you sweet Shannimal, love you" S:"Thank you sissy, I love you too" to Julie"Its official we're sisters, welcome to the family baby girl" J:"Thank you love bug...he's beautiful, he looks just like Jared" N"Thank you, he does doesn't he? Someday you and Shannon will have a baby of your own" Julie just smiles and hugs Nina again. They all dance and celebrate the night away. As the party unwinds Julie and Shannon slip away to the very spot where they shared their first kiss. S:"I can't believe you're finally my wife" J:"I can't believe you're finally my husband" she kisses his lips and he places his hand over her belly S:"Shall we tell them?" J:"No let's keep a secret a little longer" S:"Ok my love" he kisses her passionately and they watch the moon dance over the water.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕