f o u r t y - f i v e

Jordan

There was a knock on the door. "Not to interrupt whatever this is..."Gita said eyeballing Liv's bag. Gita rolled her eyes, "make sure you're ready were picking your aunt at the airport at three." Liv nodded, "Do you mind, we're talking" I snapped.

"Hell yeah, I mind it's my house. "Watch yourself" Gita told me. I wanted to snap back at her comment but I held my tongue I didn't want her kicking me out, I didn't even have breakfast yet. "I'm going to shower, let me know when your done packing so we can put your stuff in the trunk." Gita glared at me before closing the door.

"This is all happening so fast" I told her. Liv nodded before sitting on the bed. She tapped the bed encouraging me to sit next to her. I slowly sat down, "you can visit me whenever you want" she told me. It's not like it's going to make a difference long distance never works, Liv is going to move on and fall in love with someone else, who could blame her? Her whole experience staying at my mom's house was traumatizing.

"Jordan?"

I frowned, "I'm here I just wish we had more time," I said touching her braid. There was another knock on the door. "For fucks sake" I shouted.

Micheal entered, "Jordan, just a remember your going to the courthouse today. My uncle going to pick you up."

I squinted before turning to face him, "courthouse?" Micheal nodded, "your mother's been calling she said to meet her at the courthouse so you can press charges. My uncle going there for support, I don't want your mother trying to talk you out of going." he told me. "How long is this going to take?"I frowned.

Micheal shrugged, "I don't know it shouldn't take that long but who cares this is important," he told me. I crossed my arms. "But Liv's leaving tonight" I tried to explain.

"And Scott's a psychopath, I get it you want to spend time with Liv but you need to protect yourself first" he lectured. "Yeah yeah you're nagging my head off dad." He ignored me and closed the door. Liv was holding back a laugh, "you know Micheal is a good friend to have he cares about you, he just wants the best for you just get the damn restraining order."

I leaned my head back on the bed, "this is really it" I told her. She leaned back so both we both were facing the ceiling. "This is temporary not forever." she turned to assure me. I turned so I was leaning on my side. "You better call me every day," I said trying to hold back my tears. She turned over so we both were facing each other. We were so close our nose were practically touching each other. "I promise," she said holding up her pinky.

"I need something more than your damn finger" I said rolling my eyes. She slowly grabbed my face and kissed me gently. "We're going to make this work" she whispered. I kissed her back, I hope she right because there's nobody I'd rather be with.

Oliva:

My bags were officially packed everything was packed and ready for me to leave. I was in the kitchen with Ravi he was telling me how much he was going to miss me and reminding me of all the good times we had together. "You're still coming to the airport?" I asked him. "Of course, plus I want to meet your aunt," he told me. I cocked my head, "Why?"

He shrugged, "I'm just curious I haven't met anyone in your family, I don't know what to expect." My aunt doesn't play games, Aunt Joan beats your ass first then ask questions later, unlike Jordan's mom who's kind of a pushover. My family is very strict and nothing compared to Jordan's family. Ravi is raised by his sister who is very laid back so I don't think he'll understand Aunt Jo when he meets her.

Gita came downstairs, "You bitches ready?" she asked. She was wearing some basic mom jeans with a crop top hoodie on. She was wearing blue glasses, these glasses where huge cat eye frames. "Are those glasses prescribed? or are you trying to be cute?" I asked.